Looking for source of available repatriation flights from USA to BKK

MiclB

1 hour ago, MiclB said:

Can someone who has traveled recently enlighten me with how to find the repat flights in the near future..  Thanks in advance!

You can just search for flights on kayak.com, expedia, or whatever site you prefer and normally use to search for flights.  They are still calling the flights "semi-commercial", but all that means is you need a COE to board the flight.  Other than that there is no difference in searching for or booking flights.  Flights are cheap and easy to find.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MiclB said:

Emb is too busy.    Thank for your reply.

Repatriation flights are only handled thru the embassies. Regular (non-commercial) flights are also available and the list of approved carriers are on the embassy websites. Those you can book directly with the airlines 

2 hours ago, marin said:

He is enquiring about the exact opposite direction. Perhaps leave out the barbs, and read the OP.

ok :I missed that 

BUT
u think Singapore airlines only flies one way>???LOL

On 6/15/2021 at 5:05 AM, Salerno said:

Repat flights - contact your local Embassy.

Semi-commercial flights, see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijBJOTgFJPAuWUfkPIA60iniXB9j9Ba2XHafXzA6JCw/edit#gid=2100613241

Note that this spreadsheet is adjusted from time to time by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bkk. The file above is current but is dated 8 April 2021, don't be surprised to see an update of the details at any time.

The list will/must eventually change as overall circumstances change; i.e. more or less need for flights into Thailand, etc., but this is an open subject.  Maybe there are still many Thai folks abroad who are still savings the money to get a flight, home, especially if it's a whole family,  and maybe they won't have enough funds for many more months?

As mentioned right now fares on many of the flights on the 'semi-commercial spreadsheet are very reasonable but check carefully about luggage allowances / whether extra kg can be purchased (on some flights extra kilos of check-in cannot purchased) and check is there's extra charges for food and drinks, seats, etc.

I have a large credit on AirAsiaX, I'm waiting to see if that airline might eventually get put on the semi-commercial list for Sydney when they get past their legal issues and are allowed to fly Sydney to Bangkok, but right now totally wait and see. 

Edited by scorecard