possible to cancel STV?

Hi, I would like to cancel my current STV and change to a 60 day covid extension, is it possible? Then i think an agent in bangkok will be able to help me buy elite visa if i am not in this horrid STV status.

Immigration cannot cancel a visa issued by a Thai embassy or consulate. Only the embassy or consulate that issued it can do it if it has not been used for a entry.

If you are able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension you will still have a entry into the country with a STV.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration cannot cancel a visa issued by a Thai embassy or consulate. Only the embassy or consulate that issued it can do it if it has not been used for a entry.

If you are able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension you will still have a entry into the country with a STV.

ok thanks joe, ill just do a visa run to Indonesia so i can buy an elite when i come back. i just hope they will change quarantine to 10 days for unvaccinated people soon.

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You will?

why not?

Indonesia is one of the better options in the region with only 5 day quarantine. Maldives has no quarantine but flights very expensive.

Edited by at15

1 hour ago, at15 said:

ok thanks joe, ill just do a visa run to Indonesia so i can buy an elite when i come back. i just hope they will change quarantine to 10 days for unvaccinated people soon.

Have you checked the entry requirements for Indonesia?

You would also have to apply for a COE at the Thai embassy in Jakarta.

Edit: Site to check entry requirements here by clicking Indonesia on the map.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

image.png.e7fe9a6128d4063ead5fc8e21c77ff90.png

Edited by ubonjoe

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked the entry requirements for Indonesia?

You would also have to apply for a COE at the Thai embassy in Jakarta.

I'm seeing people successfully enter on the blogs right now. Apparently allowed with "business visa" and agents are helping people get these before coming.

Ok so when i apply for tourist visa im guessing i have to physically go to the embassy in jakarta. No online stuff like usa embassies?

7 minutes ago, at15 said:

Ok so when i apply for tourist visa im guessing i have to physically go to the embassy in jakarta. No online stuff like usa embassies?

If from the US you could enter visa exempt to get a 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. Best to apply for the elite visa now and then when approved do the trip out and back.

I see nothing about the evisa on their site. See:http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/?show=ok

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If from the US you could enter visa exempt to get a 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. Best to apply for the elite visa now and then when approved do the trip out and back.

I see nothing about the evisa on their site. See:http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/?show=ok

ok thanks, i forgot about the new 45 days thing. so total 75 days now.   Is the new 45 days exempt thing going on indefinitely or is there an end date to it?

8 minutes ago, at15 said:

Is the new 45 days exempt thing going on indefinitely or is there an end date to it?

At this time there is no end date for 45 day visa exempt entries. It will only go away when the quarantine requirements end since the extra 15 day are for that.

At this time South Korea might also be an option since you can enter visa exempt if from the USA.

• Like 1

When does your visa expire? Wouldn't it be better to wait it out and apply for covid extension near your visa's ending? And then maybe later quarantine will be lifted in more countries, giving you more options? It just seems expensive since you already are here in Thailand and there might be ways to stay. (Volunteer visa 1 year through agent might be possible?)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

When does your visa expire? Wouldn't it be better to wait it out and apply for covid extension near your visa's ending? And then maybe later quarantine will be lifted in more countries, giving you more options? It just seems expensive since you already are here in Thailand and there might be ways to stay. (Volunteer visa 1 year through agent might be possible?)

yes I guess thats an option if they continue this covid extension thing into late 2021. but we had that thread where a guy and some of his friends are being told by immigration departments that this is the last one and to get an embassy letter ,etc.  If you or anyone else knows an agent that can possibly change me to a 1 year visa that would be much appreciated , please do private message.

10 minutes ago, at15 said:

yes I guess thats an option if they continue this covid extension thing into late 2021. but we had that thread where a guy and some of his friends are being told by immigration departments that this is the last one and to get an embassy letter ,etc.  If you or anyone else knows an agent that can possibly change me to a 1 year visa that would be much appreciated , please do private message.

Done

5 hours ago, at15 said:

but we had that thread where a guy and some of his friends are being told by immigration departments that this is the last one and to get an embassy letter ,etc. 

Individual immigration officers have been saying the same thing since a long time, yet here we are. I wouldn't give too much weight to that, they simply don't know.

• Like 1

After being approved for the Thai elite currently you can't get it affixed at the airport. They discontinued that currently due to covid. Only can get it affixed at chaeng immigration in Bangkok or at an embassy also a lot more restrictions with it currently like limits on the amount of people allowed in with people having elite longer allowed priority over new members. I was approved for it but until they can tell me they changed it back to normal not worth buying it over a one year stay on marriage for me. They will send you the list of restrictions when you are approved. Also note you need 1 year covid insurance for each time you decide to reenter Thailand on the Elite until they do away with that requirement.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

At this time there is no end date for 45 day visa exempt entries. It will only go away when the quarantine requirements end since the extra 15 day are for that.

At this time South Korea might also be an option since you can enter visa exempt if from the usa

Are you sure that there is no end date for the 45 days visa exempt? It was originally 30 September 2021, but I haven't seen any more news on the subject. 

12 minutes ago, Usi said:

It was originally 30 September 2021, but I haven't seen any more news on the subject. 

I have seen nothing stating it ends in September. Only the no visas on arrival allowed and STV's has that date.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing stating it ends in September. Only the no visas on arrival allowed and STV's has that date 

This is from the thai embassy in Washington. Is there anything that I misunderstand? ????

Screenshot_20210616-115200_Edge.jpg

On 6/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, at15 said:

but we had that thread where a guy and some of his friends are being told by immigration departments that this is the last one and to get an embassy letter ,etc.  If you or anyone else knows an agent that can possibly change me to a 1 year visa that would be much appreciated

First up disregard what your friends are being told by random io. The covid extensions will continue.

As for "change me to a 1 year visa....."

Think you mean obtain a non O then an extension. The easiest option for that is non o retirement. If under 50 , non o volunteering. 

The point is both these options require that you entered visa exempt or tourist visa. 

STV is special animal. An agent cannot obtain you a non o having entered on STV.

9 minutes ago, Usi said:

This is from the thai embassy in Washington. Is there anything that I misunderstand?

That was not on the website the last time I looked at it. That have done some changes since the last time. It is still not mentioned on this page. https://thaiembdc.org/visa_tourist_coe/

I am about 99% sure that will be changed since the will still be trying get people to travel to here.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How can he obtain non O volunteering while remaining in Thailand? 

It be done but not with a STV.

It can be done with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry at immigration.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It be done but not with a STV.

It can be done with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry at immigration.

That is an issue in this case...

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How can he obtain non O volunteering while remaining in Thailand? 

I guess indeed it was just answered

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was not on the website the last time I looked at it. That have done some changes since the last time. It is still not mentioned on this page. https://thaiembdc.org/visa_tourist_coe/

I am about 99% sure that will be changed since the will still be trying get people to travel to here.

I have seen the same date for months on several European embassy websites, and I am 100% sure that the date was on the scandinavian embassy websites from day 1. 
การยกเว้นวีซ่าให้ต่างชาติที่เข้าไทย (mfa.go.th)

Hopefully you are correct. The easier for people to stay a little longer, the better ????