Retirement Visa Renewal/Extention Abroad

Is she a Singapore national?  Normally you can only obtain visa in home or country of residence.  And at this time would require full insurance paperwork (O-A visa) and covid requirements.   If she on a non immigrant O visa that was extended for retirement might want to get back now to avoid the need for additional insurance for O-A type retirement/extensions.

I am assuming she does have a re-entry permit?

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Is she a Singapore national?  Normally you can only obtain visa in home or country of residence.  And at this time would require full insurance paperwork (O-A visa) and covid requirements.   If she on a non immigrant O visa that was extended for retirement might want to get back now to avoid the need for additional insurance for O-A type retirement/extensions.

I am assuming she does have a re-entry permit?

yes she is Singaporean and have retirement visa for the past decade and left Thailand wih Reentry visa. 

So if can not return before expiration may want to do as above - just come visa exempt or tourist when can and then do the conversion to non immigrant O visa and than extension in Thailand to avoid the need for non O-A insurance complication.  But if that is not an issue she should be able to obtain a new non immigrant O-A visa in Singapore.  But there is no way to continue current extension without a return before it expires.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

If she stays until her extension extension of stay based upon retirement expires the best option may be to enter visa exempt if she is from a country that qualifies for one. Then she could apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry and then during the last 30 days apply for a new extension of stay.

That's probably my my plan now....when I do come back. That won't be until they end the 14 day quarantining at an expensive hotel. I might have considered the Phuket sandbox but that seems to be in tatters now.

By the way Ubonjoe, can I get that 90 day non O visa at my local IO, which is Kalasin? I want to get back to a non O marriage visa, then 1 year extension. 

Or I could get a 90 day non O here in France where I am a resident, but not French, with residency card but it looks from the Paris Embassy website as if that requires me to get Covid insurance as for the O-A but with only €6,000 in my French bank, about half what I would need to show for a 90 day in country non O. Of course I would have to up it to 400k in Thai bank almost on arrival in readiness for the 1 year extension. So I guess it's swings and roundabouts.. Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

By the way Ubonjoe, can I get that 90 day non O visa at my local IO, which is Kalasin?

Yes See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

6 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Or I could get a 90 day non O here in France where I am a resident, but not French, with residency card but it looks from the Paris Embassy website as if that requires me to get Covid insurance as for the O-A but with only €6,000 in my French bank, about half what I would need to show for a 90 day in country non O.

If you have a residency card you can get the visa at embassy in Paris. You will have to apply for it online at https://thaievisa.go.th/ .

The $100k covid 19 insurance is required for all entries types that is valid for the length of stay. If you get a non-o visa you would need 90 days of coverage.

If you enter visa exempt you need a onward ticket to show to the airline when checking in. You can show a one way to ticket to anywhere to meet the requirement or a temporary ticket from a website (search for onward flight).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

If you have a residency card you can get the visa at embassy in Paris. You will have to apply for it online at https://thaievisa.go.th/ .

The $100k covid 19 insurance is required for all entries types that is valid for the length of stay. If you get a non-o visa you would need 90 days of coverage.

If you enter visa exempt you need a onward ticket to show to the airline when checking in. You can show a one way to ticket to anywhere to meet the requirement or a temporary ticket from a website (search for onward flight).

Thanks once again Ubonjoe. You are a gem????