Bad breath while living in Thailand

RandolphGB

This isn't a problem I had in the UK but over the last year I've had bad breath while living in Bangkok. There also seems to be more phlegm in my throat.

I'm wandering if this is related to pollution, eating Thai fried food and food cooked with sugar or other lifestyle factors. 

I don't drink or smoke and recently made some lifestyle changes by exercising more, reducing coffee to one cup in the morning, and brushing more regularly. Gargling with salt water was also recommended by the dentist. 

Any other suggestions for beating bad breath. Or has anyone else had this problem while in Thailand?

Could be coincidence ..........dealing with bad breath seems to be a nightmare..........so many potential causes and few reliable remedies ...........My suggestion is blitz it..........take every sensible step you can from visiting a hygienist regularly to changing your diet.......good luck.

internal parasites. Medicines over the counter, with pharmacist advice. There are some 5 of them, each working on different parasites and in different way. Try to make medical tests and diagnosis. If you have home pet take it to veterinarian and probably you will have similar to them.

Fungal infection, candida, possibly caused by sugar, poor quality bred, beer. Eat natural yogurt, garlic, natural probiotics, fermented foods (can also make them yourself).

also get masks with valves, possibly with active carbon filter (for pollutants - for cyclists, builders). Wash/change often

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

It can come from your stomach.  Acid Reflux issues can cause it.

Lots of garlic in the food here.

Do you floss and when was the last time you had a good teeth cleaning?

Food particles can remain between teeth/gums for extended periods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Have you had a dental check up recently? This is often due to gum disease or other dental issue.

Yes, a rotten tooth was removed about a year ago. 

Had my teeth cleaned about a month ago but still the problem persists. It feels more like it's coming from the stomach. 

Yes, I was prescribed medication for mild acid reflux earlier this year. So I think this could be part of the cause.