Transiting at Suvarnibhumi

Does anyone know if you can arrive on an international flight at Suvarnibhumi airport and then transit onto a different airline?

This would require entering Thailand via customs in Bangkok and then checking in again at domestic for an onwards flight to Phuket so i would enter via sandbox rather than Bangkok quarantine.

From a Richard Barrow tweet after

after my private meeting with the Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand and senior executives on Friday afternoon

Q. Can you transit in Bangkok?

A. Yes, they have just received approval for this and the final details will be worked out soon. Basically there will be a dedicated terminal at Suvarnabhumi and a dedicated flight to Phuket.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

Thanks for your feedback lets hope they stick to their original plan or i will be in quarantine for 15 days.

Yes, good to know that there may be options for those who cannot easily get a direct flight to HKT.

1 hour ago, BangkokAlan said:

Thanks for your feedback lets hope they stick to their original plan or i will be in quarantine for 15 days.

I would wait with booking anything until that's confirmed. It could also be that this will only be possible on certain flights, and if you book a regular flight now maybe this isn't an option, this is of course just speculation from me.

6 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

This would require entering Thailand via customs in Bangkok and then checking in again at domestic for an onwards flight to Phuket so i would enter via sandbox rather than Bangkok quarantine.

No, not at the moment. You'll need ASQ quarantine in Bangkok or ALSQ in Chonburi.

But there has been suggestions about domestic transit for Phuket in a dedicated area of the airport for some special dedicated transit-flights for Phuket, but to my knowledge it's not yet finally confirmed.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Q. Can you transit in Bangkok?

A. Yes, they have just received approval for this and the final details will be worked out soon. Basically there will be a dedicated terminal at Suvarnabhumi and a dedicated flight to Phuket.

I wish they would stop saying "terminal" when they mean "gate"! Suvarnabhumi only has one terminal, E9 is very definitely a gate, and Thai - like English - has completely different words for the two things.

Rant over, you may resume your discussion ????

• Thanks 1