Joggers resume their routine this morning as Bangkok parks reopen

webfact

Park.jpg

As Bangkok’s parks have reopened, many joggers were able to resume their outdoor exercise routine for the first time this morning (Tuesday), following some confusion yesterday that saw many parks remaining closed.

At Vachirabenjatas Park, commonly known as Suan Rot Fai, people reflected on the miscommunication within the government, which has caused a lot of confusion, as people were frustrated that many parks weren’t open yesterday, despite Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s announcement over the weekend that Bangkok parks could reopen on Monday.

“Normally, government agencies rely on announcements through official letters, not from television, so the guards weren’t opening the gates. There were some arguments and I helped explain to other joggers,” one of the runners told Thai PBS.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/joggers-resume-their-routine-this-morning-as-bangkok-parks-reope/

Logo-top-.png

8 hours ago, connda said:

Jogging while wearing a muzzle?  I don't think so.

It isn't a muzzle, it is a facemask. That person seems to be getting on with it wearing one... how is it such a problem for some and not others?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It isn't a muzzle, it is a facemask. That person seems to be getting on with it wearing one... how is it such a problem for some and not others?

Some people fold to ridiculous government edicts; others push back and call out bad edicts for what they are - simply exerting power for the sake of power.

Requiring someone jogging (or walking for that matter) outside alone to wear a mask.  Now that's the definition of insanity.  It's making laws for the sake of making the commoners dance.  There is no rationale.
"But it's the law!"
It's a bad law.
"But you need to obey authority and the law."
No, you need to push back against unreasonable government overreach.  It's the only way outrageous government edicts don't become Orwellian tyranny. 

History is replete with examples of citizens pushing back against government overreach and changing unreasonable and unjust laws.

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I  think the world  record for being shot and living is  20  times,  how  come its  such a  problem for some people and not others?

6 hours ago, connda said:

Some people fold to ridiculous government edicts; others push back and call out bad edicts for what they are - simply exerting power for the sake of power.

And some people just push back because they don't know any better. People who are not qualified to do so most often..

These requirements are temporary in an effort to combat a global pandemic..... measures created to minimize its spread.... to argue about them is simply to argue and wave some dumb flag. I think it is pathetic. I live in Thailand and in public a mask is required, else I can be fined. I also think it is the height of ignorance to treat these rules with disdain, it is foreigners disputing the local people's right to self determination.

My stroll with the mask....... sure, a little hot on the face, but no big deal. 

Find something important to protest over in your own country, likely more important things to worry about over there.  

Edited by jacko45k

34 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  think the world  record for being shot and living is  20  times,  how  come its  such a  problem for some people and not others?

That is stupid.....and irrelevant.

And exhibits the mentality of those who doth protest too much. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Its  official and Ive shown it before  search  it  out  yourself

I'm not wasting my time on it, nothing is official with this "government". things keep changing from day to day.

52 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I'm not wasting my time on it, nothing is official with this "government". things keep changing from day to day.

as  youre  too  lazy https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations? they copied  it from the Bangkok post

Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

40 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

as  youre  too  lazy https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations? they copied  it from the Bangkok post

Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising.

Provincial officials?? This is Thailand, there is this official and that official all with their own interpretation of the laws.

In my village up country, my wife warned me that a policeman told her to tell me I must wear my mask even when cycling, or I will get fined. My answer to her was let him try it.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Provincial officials?? This is Thailand, there is this official and that official all with their own interpretation of the laws.

In my village up country, my wife warned me that a policeman told her to tell me I must wear my mask even when cycling, or I will get fined. My answer to her was let him try it.

Let me know where your  Wifes  friends  have their rules in print

• Confused 1

I usually get sneers when I write this: there is very little evidence to show that wearing masks prevents spread of infection. Over 20 studies have been done since this pandemic started (we had worse in 1959 and 1964) and they haven't shown that mask wearing helps. Our Lord and Master Fauci told us to wear masks, not to wear 

Now... so why do OP doctors and nurses wear them? Go on, google that. Our Lord and Master Fauci told us to wear masks, not to wear masks, to wear TWO masks.

4 minutes ago, cooked said:

I usually get sneers when I write this: there is very little evidence to show that wearing masks prevents spread of infection. Over 20 studies have been done since this pandemic started (we had worse in 1959 and 1964) and they haven't shown that mask wearing helps. Our Lord and Master Fauci told us to wear masks, not to wear 

Now... so why do OP doctors and nurses wear them? Go on, google that. Our Lord and Master Fauci told us to wear masks, not to wear masks, to wear TWO masks.

Fauci's lies are bubbling to the surface.  Sundew has been following Fauci since the beginning of the pandemic.  Sundew is sure Fauci created the lab virus that has killed millions.  When will he be tried as the war criminal he is?