Toyota Navi Maps Update

Banana7

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to update Toyota navigation system maps?

Sometimes the navigation systems shows that I am driving over water other times through a field. Many of the newer expressways and streets especially in the Bangkok area aren't shown. Also the new highway 7 extension called Pattaya - Map Ta Phut highway is not shown on my edition of the maps.

Does anyone manually update their maps?

Went to the Toyota dealer today, complaining about the lack of highways, streets, roads, points of interest and they verified I have the latest version of maps from Toyota. The technician also examined the infotainment system (in a 2020 Hilux) which houses the GPS and said it was working properly.

The Toyota dealer also said the estimated cost to update the maps was about 20,000 baht, depending if a CD was used or an SD card. They didn't know the exact price because there weren't any better maps available.

Looks like I'll have better navigation if I use a Garmin GPS with the 2021 maps.

Google maps are very good but if you lose cell data service, the maps stop updating the route. This can happen many places in Thailand that don't have mobile phone service.

Also contacted the vendors on Lazada offering map updates for older Toyota vehicles but unfortunately, their SD cards won't work in a 2020 or newer Toyota Hilux revo.

10 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Download for offline use and update the download regularly.

But for me,  POIs, street names don't work beyond the initial departure point when offline. Not sure about the voice instructions, do they work when offline?

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Not sure about the voice instructions, do they work when offline?

Sorry, no idea to be honest, never been in a situation to actually use maps in offline mode, have them downloaded "just in case".

Hi there/.

best option download sygic (from play store) put on your phone - is the best option than car systems! pay for options (not expensive 1 off for ever) traffic, etc. Updates  many time free, voice instructions, way points! (Magnetic mount your phone)  put on dashboard - lazada sell very cheap!

Don't even need internet with this also? pictures for lane assist!, maps show most things! 

i have tried most, but this seems the best option!

cheers

Edited by Martinpeter
  • Thanks 1