Snow gun / snow foam lance / foam cannon

Do any of you guys wash your car with a snow gun/snow foam lance/foam cannon?

I don't want to use a car wash.

I have a pretty powerful pressure washer (Zinsano AD1601) which has a built in detergent dispenser, but the foam comes out watery and useless.

Do the snow guns work and do a good job? Any tips?

Thank you.

Edited by macahoom
  • Haha 1

Snow guns, as you call then, do work.  Costs are around 1000Baht last time I looked.

BUT you should use quality foam and not just try car wash solution and doint skimp on the amount you use. Pressure wash the car first, keep the pressure down and nozzle not too close to the care else you may find a colour change .......

Look on Youtube, plenty of vidoes.  I have the VIP Blue pressure washer, you will need to wind the pressure down somewhat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Snow guns, as you call then, do work.  Costs are around 1000Baht last time I looked.

BUT you should use quality foam and not just try car wash solution and doint skimp on the amount you use. Pressure wash the car first, keep the pressure down and nozzle not too close to the care else you may find a colour change .......

Look on Youtube, plenty of vidoes.  I have the VIP Blue pressure washer, you will need to wind the pressure down somewhat.

Thanks for your comments!

Can you tell me what foam you use, and where you buy it?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Bought my gun from Aliexpress - look on Lazada for foam but keep to the good makes e.g. Meguiars - Chemical Guys

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/meguiars-ultimate-snow-foam-xtreme-cling-wash-g191532eu-i1607702809-s4395002571.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.468f6d1aiWSd06&search=1

Will last for ages

Excellent! Thank you!

10 hours ago, macahoom said:

Thanks for your comments!

Can you tell me what foam you use, and where you buy it?

It’s the chemical guys one, I think it’s called super foam.

I know that you can get it from Bloc c detailing.

• Thanks 1

I have an old Mac Allister brand pressure washer that I brought from the UK years ago when it was cheaper than buying one here. About three years ago, the pistol fell apart and nothing compatible was available. The soap/foam induction bit never worked properly either but the pressure was good.

I then bought a replacement Zinzano at Thai Watsadu with all the accessories including the foam pistol but that to didn't work effectively either and although a larger unit, it never cleaned as well as the old one even in basic, water-only mode.

Then about 6 months ago, I saw a Bosch branded pistol/wand on lazada that looked identical to the broken Mac Allister one so I took a punt and bought it. Perfect fit and apart from the name embossed on it, it was identical and obviously came from the same factory/dies as the broken one. Now I had a good pressure washer again.

A bit later, I found the matching Bosch foamer attachment on discount at Thai Watsadu so I bought that. In conjunction with the regular foaming car wash from Big C, I now have a working snow gun. I will probably try some of the more bespoke detergents now that I have a working delivery system.

• Thanks 1