Bolt Taxi App.

Jumbo1968

I collected a new easy chair from Home Pro in Pattaya Klang today, I don’t have transport so ordered a Bolt Taxi via the app. I live a 5 minute walk away, the taxis outside Big C charge a minimum of 200 baht. Bolt was around 50 baht, I would have given the Bolt driver 100 baht. He refused to come because of the Taxi mafia outside of Big C, reluctantly I had had to pay the mafia 200 baht for a 3 minute Taxi ride, bearing in mind no tip.

• Sad 1

When Grab was getting it's foothold, a number of their drivers were badly beaten-up by local taxi mafia....police looking the other way.

I have no doubt Bolt drivers are facing the same issues, not only from local taxi mafia but from Grab drivers as well as Bolt is undercutting them by more than 50%.

I was going to the TOT office in Pattaya from Jomtien.  Grab priced at 175 Baht.  Bolt: 85 Baht.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

When Grab was getting it's foothold, a number of their drivers were badly beaten-up by local taxi mafia....police looking the other way.

I have no doubt Bolt drivers are facing the same issues, not only from local taxi mafia but from Grab drivers as well as Bolt is undercutting them by more than 50%.

I was going to the TOT office in Pattaya from Jomtien.  Grab priced at 175 Baht.  Bolt: 85 Baht.

Grab got just way too expensive.

A few years ago the price on Grab was about equal to a taxi meter in Bangkok, while being more convenient.

Now Grab in Bangkok costs often twice as much. I think Bolt now is about equal to a taxi meter in Bangkok, so similar to Grab a few years ago.

Edited by jackdd