Suspected Australian child sex offender arrested in Thailand after 6 months on the run

webfact

tak.jpg

Thai soldiers guard a river crossing between Thailand and Myanmar in the border town of Mae Sot in Tak province in late October of 2020. (AFP/Lillian SUWANRUMPHA)

BANGKOK: An Australian national accused of sexually assaulting Myanmar children in Thailand was arrested in the border province of Tak after six months on the run, according to the Tak Immigration Office.

On Jun 2, Thai authorities managed to track down and arrest an Australian man identified as Adam J. F. in the remote town of Mae Sot near Myanmar.

The operation was launched after an arrest warrant was issued by the Mae Sot Provincial Court when he failed to attend a court hearing in December last year. He was earlier charged with child sex and immigration offences and was granted a provisional release on bail by the Court of Appeal.

Full story: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-suspected-australian-child-sex-offender-arrest-mae-sot-15015374

CNA.jpg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I really do hope you enjoy your time in the Bangkok Hilton.

Would be better if he was deported and spent time in an Ozzie jail.

Do Thai inmates in Thai jails really take out further justice on pedos? Many Thais seem to just turn a blind eye to them. 

Edited by bobandyson
  • Haha 1

How many kids did he manage to molest and mentally scar/damage for the rest of their lives during those six months? These are sick guys who can not be ‘cured’, so if it saves just one child from being molested by this dude in the future, lock him up and throw away the key. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Bail? Why?

Given the kind of offence, if he was on bail it was not so serious nor sure, possible lack of real evidence... But ... Hang him! Scum. Castrate! Ok now my soul is clean...

10 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Given the kind of offence, if he was on bail it was not so serious nor sure, possible lack of real evidence... But ... Hang him! Scum. Castrate! Ok now my soul is clean...

I read some time ago that accused murderer (I think even convicted in a not final court) were out on bail. TiT

For the record: I don't think he should be hanged before he is convicted. But until then he should be in jail to be sure and after he is convicted then there is, IMHO, no need to spend any more money to keep him alive in jail.

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Castrate and life in prison.

Pure scum.

All because you read an article that  alleges a person engaged in criminal act?

Ever hear of something called fair judicial process? I am glad to come from society where concept of innocent until proven guilty is  part of my culture.  Lynching and mob are best left for previous centuries when ignorant village folk ran around with pitchfork burning women for witchcraft.

Gotta wonder how many TVF'ers would get tossed in the hoosgaw if it came to light that the 20 something hooker from last night was really 15 years old.

If the charges are proven, string him up.  By his short and curlies.   But at least wait until he's had a trial.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, bobandyson said:

Would be better if he was deported and spent time in an Ozzie jail.

Do Thai inmates in Thai jails really take out further justice on pedos? Many Thais seem to just turn a blind eye to them. 

This is the part i don't understand according to the full story, his permission to stay in Thailand has finished so he will be pushed back to Australia.  ?????????????? IF he got 20 yrs in a Thai jail that would be a life sentence. jail here, sleep on the floor next to scores of others, bad food, no tv etc etc.

• Thanks 1