ASQ Reservation for TR Visa for Phuket Sandbox?

Hi there,

Not sure if anyone has experience with this. American here planning to do the Phuket Sandbox in mid july. I just applied for the TR visa on the e-visa system. I uploaded the necessary documents(flight, medical insurance, booking after 14 days) etc. Figured to book the SHA+ hotel once the Sandbox is officially confirmed in the Royal Gazette. Am about to send the physical documents and passport to the Washington DC Thai embassy BUT I notice one required document that catches me off guard:

"2.5 A confirmed reservation of 15 nights of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) "

But then i look at another U.S. Thai Embassy and they don't seem to require that reservation. Wasn't the ASQ reservation just for the Certificate of Entry and not for applying for the TR? 

Edited by OxKing033

You should be able to submit the tourist visa application to the embassy without the SHA or ASQ reserved.

It is really only needed for the certificate of entry and the sandbox is not on the website for them yet since as far as I know it still has not been formally approved yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should be able to submit the tourist visa application to the embassy without the SHA or ASQ reserved.

It is really only needed for the certificate of entry and the sandbox is not on the website for them yet since as far as I know it still has not been formally approved yet.

Thank you good sir, was confused since the eVisa system didn't mention about it(while the after 14 day accomodation, flight itinerary were required). 

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do they still require a fit to fly form to enter? Can you link me to the website 

15 minutes ago, OxKing033 said:

Thank you good sir, was confused since the eVisa system didn't mention about it(while the after 14 day accomodation, flight itinerary were required). 

You could just show where you are staying after the 14 day quarantine. If staying with your wife have her write up a short note in Thai that you will be staying with her.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could just show where you are staying after the 14 day quarantine. If staying with your wife have her write up a short note in Thai that you will be staying with her.

Oh yes, decided to book a cheap hotel