Beer Drinkers - Cans or Bottles??

EVENKEEL

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Cans cool down quicker in the fridge as well, easier to dispose of can which can be crushed and cannot break like bottles.

The beer inside is the same, don't need bottle opener and is easier to drink from a can.

I never really thought about cans until i read your comment . OK , give the cans a go . Tired of disposing empty  bottles with the bemusement of the neighbors .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

I never really thought about cans until i read your comment . OK , give the cans a go . Tired of disposing empty  bottles with the bemusement of the neighbors .

You can buy a 'can crusher' on Lazada which makes them down to almost nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

can: wrong, Heinekin: wrong

Decent beer needs a glass:

y8baxr.jpg

Great drink, but expensive  at 240 baht in my local.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I don't drink from the bottle; too macho for me. However I have occasionally drank from a can and agree that there is a metallic 'tinge' to it. So cans are a no no. 

I've recently acquired one of these which has been quite useful recently under prohibition. Firstly it keeps the drink colder for longer; Ive had ice not melt for 1 hour in it and as a side effect you don't get half a litre of condensation running down the outside saturating your table.  I'll keep using it once we ( if ever) return to normality as I'm suspicious of the cleanliness of  some bars.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 10.09.15.png

Sounds good. Where and name to search? Ta.

29 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Sounds good. Where and name to search? Ta.

Tesco Lotus ....might be Lotusssss by now. 199 baht.  Comes with a lid and straw too for some reason.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Preferably the glass straight out of the freezer. Mmmmm.

Something that never seemed to catch on in the UK......not in bars were I go at least....but then again I tend to go to "sticky carpet" pubs.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The sole of a Booted Foot serves just as well, unless you have a Mountain of them to flatten.

But doing it with flip flops hurts like f....k!

Instead of accumulating a mountain, do each one after you sup it.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 2

So, aside from beer snobs (you know who you are) I suppose most like bottles, some because of taste. Years back the can gave off a taste but I haven't got that metal taste from Heinekin cans which is all I drink unless it's free.

I'm still of the opinion that you can draw a longer, more satisfying first couple of pulls off a can. Aaahhhh. Walking in the surf, drinking an ice cold beer, man it's heaven.

• Like 2