Who do I notify of change of address

I'm going to be moving to a new home about 15 kilometers from my current home, which is conveniently only a couple of kilometers from the Provincial Immigration Office. I've been trying to prepare for the legal details and am confused. The law, as quoted in a thread back in 2017, says the house owner (my nephew) must submit a TM Form 30 to "the competent authority" within 24 hours, and I have to submit a TM. 28, but doesn't give a time frame. Should both of these be submitted at the Immigration Office? It's only about 20 km. away, but an alternative would seem to be the nearest police station, which is, I guess, four or five kilometers away (maybe there's a closer one I don't know about).

Most offices only want a TM30 form submitted  to change your address now.

The TM28 form was replaced by the TM27 form last year since you only have to report a change of address now not traveling to another province. Same for a TM30 report now.

You need to report your change of address to immigration. A report to the police is not enough and many police station will not do one.

Edited by ubonjoe
added more info

Thanks. That clarifies things, somewhat. So I'll go to the Immigration office tomorrow and tell them I just moved here today. Does my nephew, the houshold head have to go too? Besides his ID Card (which he often does not take with him) does he have to take the house registration?

36 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Thanks. That clarifies things, somewhat. So I'll go to the Immigration office tomorrow and tell them I just moved here today. Does my nephew, the houshold head have to go too? Besides his ID Card (which he often does not take with him) does he have to take the house registration?

He should complete the TM30 form and sign it and you info is done on page 2 of it. A signed copy of his house book page one and the one he is shown on and his iD card.

TM30 download. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1230 downloads

38 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But most foreigners are now exempt from TM28 reporting.

The TM28 form was used for both a change of address and reporting of staying in another province for 24 hours that was mostly eliminated. Many offices still only use the TM28 form.

TM27 form only has the change of address on it.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He should complete the TM30 form and sign it and you info is done on page 2 of it. A signed copy of his house book page one and the one he is shown on and his iD card.

TM30 download. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1230 downloads

The way it actually worked today, we went to the Immigration Office, the lady at the counter took the original of my passport, the original of the House Registation, and his ID card, and entered some information into the computer. She printed a single page out, tore off the bottom third of it, and stapled that to the last page of my passport, and gave the documents back to us. It took about five minutes, but my Immigration Office (Nakhon Sawan) is very user friendly and there were no other customers there. No copies of anything, which seems weird in retrospect. I'm very relieved, though. This is the first TM30 that's ever been done for me in 39 years, and I've been hoping to extend my stay next week.