90 Days app and extension

Went to CW this morning to collect my 1 year marriage extension (after 30 days under consideration).

After getting my passport back, I showed the pleasant young IO my 90 days app showing that I was still on overstay. She brought me round to see her computer, and I was already in the Immigration  system for another year (June 2022).

She updated my file on Imm system in front of me, and my app shows I am still on overstay from the previous extension!!

So, I don't know what the h3ll is going on!!

I thought once your name was in the Imm system, it was internally linked to everything(90 days, extensions, TM30 etc).

Anyone?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

So, unless this erroneous overstay is fixed, I am doomed to report by mail from now on?

I think it can be changed on their tie in to the online reporting system.

In my opinion there should be no check of your permit to stay or the date your last report was done. That should be checked by your local office when the online report is submitted to them for approval.

12 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Thanks, Joe.

So, unless this erroneous overstay is fixed, I am doomed to report by mail from now on?

OP, you seem to have worked out option for next few reports, which indeed using mail option. I suddenly got booted from online. I did online successfully after obtaining annual extension last October.

After the online positive report, the next no go online. I then attended MTT in person and like many when ask io about online issue, you get replies such as 'no work' etc etc.

On positive note I did most recent one via mail. I used 2 B4 envelopes. One to mail to them with A3 pages folded in half and a B4 for return.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received back all my photocopies and cop this a new TM 47 for my next report, which I thought was very good of them.

So for next mail report very easy.

Of course online is the best but I will live with the mail alternative. 

Yes online works for many. I ignore their rosy reports. Means nothing for those where it does not work. And NO it's not due to new pp or having done a new extension or not entering correct data.

It's a very poor software system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

So, it's off to MTT to see if it can be fixed?

You reckon that's the only way out?

Waste of a trip. If you really need to feel that you at least tried then leave it until next report and do in person at MTT and bring it up with io. Be prepared for shrug of the shoulders

Yes, I know.

It's a long way to go to get a shrug of the shoulders!!

The thing that really irks me is, even though I had to go to such lengths to get a yellow Tabien Baan (official proof that is where you live), they still want me to report every 90 days? And they can't even manage a simple online system?

Sorry, starting to slide into a skislope of rant here.

10 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Sorry, starting to slide into a skislope of rant here

If you did straw poll of expats here the 90 report would rank as one of the most ridiculous requirements. Even those with online success would be affected by the crash of that option. Last one was for some months.

They recently simplified change of address along with no need to file TM30 if returning to your own address even after international travel. Good thing.

So things can change. Let's hope 90 report will change. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

The thing that really irks me is, even though I had to go to such lengths to get a yellow Tabien Baan (official proof that is where you live), they still want me to report every 90 days?

Yellow house book has nothing to do with immigration.

19 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Ok, fine. But one government department doesn't have a clue what the other one is doing?

Yes, standard in Thailand. Same with the Ministry of foreign affairs (Embassies, consulates) and the Ministry of interior (Immigration), they don't communicate with each other.

Or just look at all the vaccine hiccups, one department says one thing, another department the complete opposite.

• Haha 1

Did my 90 day @MTT today!

Couldn't make my report online again, second 2 this year and my Immigration app says 99 days overstay! 

I did ask why the online report is not working. IO told me that it was! 

I feel doomed to visit the lovely car park @MTT offices again! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I feel doomed to visit the lovely car park @MTT offices again

Look into 90 report via mail. Plenty of threads on it. 

I had same experience as yourself and same response from io. 

Now just completed first ever mail report.

I mentioned details in earlier post.

I already have it ready to go for next report. I will try online 15 and again 14 days prior and when that doesn't work (notice my complete confidence in that fact);.....I will then post. Fortunately my pharmacy 2 doors up has a mail service section to his business. Simple process. 

Yes of course would love online to work but mail not horrible given 4 times/yr.

A world pandemic COVID-19! You would like to think this is the time to make online everything work.... And it's as simple as giving your address!! 90 day b......t!

I've seen car parks that are more fun!! You know what I mean..... Lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Here's the latest farce.

That usually indicates a network connectivity error. The app can't communicate with the server.

Service error on mobile data (4G)

Can not connect or timeout on WiFi

Was working fine yesterday.  

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Here's the latest farce.

It systems the system for the app is down.

Got the same message. Clicked done on it but could not log in after entering email address and password.

The online site is working.

38 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

That usually indicates a network connectivity error.

Not this time. Wifi on tablet is on and working.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not this time. Wifi on tablet is on and working.

You are using the mobile app on a tablet? Or a browser on the tablet to access the web-page?

With the app right now I can log-in on 4G. But with WiFi (AIS Fiber) I cannot reach the app server.

Seems finnicky today.