Drugs cops show off latest big busts - promise good news in the coming days

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A press conference at the Narcotics Suppression Bureau yesterday showed off 516 kilos of crystal meth and 4.2 million Ya Ba pills.

They related to two cases.

In the first, four Thai men - all in their twenties - were arrested in the north east after taking the drugs concealed in other products from Nakhon Phanom to Kalasin.

This was part of an international drugs syndicate involving a neighbor of Thailand and also involving people in Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand. 

So far only the mules are in custody but Pol Gen Manu Metmork told Daily News there would be good news about the big guys behind the operation in the next few days. 

In the other case three Thai mules aged 35, 36 and 40 were arrested in connection with the transportation of 4.2 million Ya Ba pills (meth mixed with caffeine) from the north of Thailand.

Arrests were made at a gas station in Phrae in the north and in Pathum Thani, the destination for the drugs that were due to go to agents in the central region and Bangkok environs. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-16

Asking the obvious question...

So what happens to these drugs?

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

So far only the mules are in custody but Pol Gen Manu Metmork told Daily News there would be good news about the big guys behind the operation in the next few days. 

Nothing like giving the "big guys" a heads up. Moronic.

• Like 1

Does anyone else know of a country that has thousands of police press conferences every day. It seems that the purpose of the police is to collect tea money and get their mugs in the pages of the news papers. How do we know the police aren't using the same stash of drugs that they captured 10 years ago??????

• Like 1

Good news.  I could use some good news. Haven't seen any on TVF for what seems like months. Yeah, good news. Gimme some. Waiting for no covid, free health insurance, lifetime visa extensions, no 90 days, and valet service to Chaengwattana. 

42 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

i think i misread the headline... very disappointed

So am I. for a moment there when it mentioned a promise of good news I thought the entire RTP were going to undertake a mass suicide event.????

Edited by Excel

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Does anyone else know of a country that has thousands of police press conferences every day. It seems that the purpose of the police is to collect tea money and get their mugs in the pages of the news papers. How do we know the police aren't using the same stash of drugs that they captured 10 years ago??????

'cos they inexplicably disappeared donkeys years ago...

Who cares? If you're not involved in the trade, either as a user, procurer, or prosecuter. As long as they're keeping it under control so I'm not affected,. A money tree for someone. Legalise it, I say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nausea said:

Who cares? If you're not involved in the trade, either as a user, procurer, or prosecuter. As long as they're keeping it under control so I'm not affected,. A money tree for someone. Legalise it, I say.

I think you don't know the effects these drugs have on people !! Legalize marihuana or Xtc ok , but JaBa or meth ??? If they legalize those drugs you will soon find out what problems this will bring you and you will for sure care . People using these kinds of drugs cannot be kept under controle because that's the one thing these users loose , CONTROLE !!!