insurance for NON O re-entry permit holders .based on retirement

Hello properly been asked man times but if you leave Thailand on a retirement non o extension re- entry permit to go to UK 

Will I need heath insurance or just covid insurance or both, to get back into Thailand?  If so I take it the covid or health insurance only has to be valid to the next retirement extension? I know I would need certificate of entry, so would I need  both insurance to get a certificate of entry in the first place?. I know there are other documents needed but just interested in the insurance.

The "normal" health insurance showing 40K Baht outpatient / 400K Baht inpatient is only needed for holders of a Non-Imm-O-A-Visa. For the COE, everybody needs a Covid-coverage of min. 100K USD. And yes, the Covid insurance should cover your full stay in Thailand - which for a extension holder with re-entry permit is the end of the current extension.

That said.. you can combine it. I just applied for the COE with my standard health insurance with a letter from the insurance company confirming that I am covered for Covid-related problems for 35 Mio THB (roughly 1 Mio USD) and it was accepted within less than 24 hours.

So certificate of entry covers you to get back to thailand.as you would need the docs They need to give you one ...... so I don't have to show heath insurance or covid insurance cover at airport?

1 minute ago, yeahbutif said:

They need to give you one ...... so I don't have to show heath insurance or covid insurance cover at airport?

Immigration does not check for the insurance since they do not require it for a non-o visa entry.

It is only a requirement done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that appears on embassy websites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not check for the insurance since they do not require it for a non-o visa entry.

It is only a requirement done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that appears on embassy websites.

The article in the newspaper-that-must-not-be-named today claims that all foreigners with a Non-immigrant Visa (NIV) will need to have $100k Covid insurance.  Sounds like that would include us Non-Imm "O" holders.  But you're saying that is not the case?

3 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

So certificate of entry covers you to get back to thailand.as you would need the docs They need to give you one ...... so I don't have to show heath insurance or covid insurance cover at airport?

You need the Covid Insurance to get the COE.

I have Covid insurance to $100,000.

I have extension based on Non-O.

i have correct medical cover for hospital at 5 million with Pacific Cross.

So, are we saying at TVF that I don't need this 40/400K nonsense if I go to UK and then apply for a COE for re-entry.?

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have Covid insurance to $100,000.

I have extension based on Non-O.

i have correct medical cover for hospital at 5 million with Pacific Cross.

So, are we saying at TVF that I don't need this 40/400K nonsense if I go to UK and then apply for a COE for re-entry.?

No, you do NOT need the 40K/400K insurance. The document from pacific cross should take care of that. 

You actually do not even need the special Covid insurance. My insurance (Cigna Global) confirmed in a special letter that I have an insurance in the excess of 35 Million Baht which includes coverage for Covid issues. This is the only document I uploaded for the COE and I was approved within less than 24 hours. The letter btw did not even mention anything about inpatient/outpatient, just coverage period, Covid inclusion and coverage amount.

• Like 1

The 40/400k insurance requirement for NON-O holders applying for a COE seems to depend on the embassy (or maybe even to whom you speak, see comments above on the UK). For instance, the Thai Embassy website in the Netherlands clearly states that it IS required. Whether it is actually enforced is unclear, would like to hear from anyone who has actually gone through the process.

15 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

The 40/400k insurance requirement for NON-O holders applying for a COE seems to depend on the embassy (or maybe even to whom you speak, see comments above on the UK). For instance, the Thai Embassy website in the Netherlands clearly states that it IS required. Whether it is actually enforced is unclear, would like to hear from anyone who has actually gone through the process.

Also dependant on whether your applying for a new Non O Visa at the Thai Embassy, or returning to Thailand on an existing extension with a re-entry permit.