Phuket airport holds tourist arrival rehearsal

webfact

I mean, even in Denmark, journalists were lined up and allowed two questions at the press briefing and most of them seemed a joke, nobody really questioned the Government strategy. 

What to expect from thai media? 

Ain't nobody to really confront the decision makers, tell them it's gonna be a complete fail or all thais are so naive? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm kind of sadly looking forwards to the disaster as it rolls out on the 1st and the angry shop and restaurant owners complaining they aint getting what they were promised.

I'm also waiting for the TAT's hogwash on how a dozen people was a success, and the PM to blame other countries for putting Thailand on their red lists 

Trust me, they already have those excuses locked and loaded...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Anybody know how many people already  have booked to come  for a holiday in Phuket next month?????

According to a minion they are expecting 129,000 though they (wisely) didn't mention over what time-frame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Excel said:

All Thais are not naïve. What they are unfortunately is that they have been  indoctrinated by an  education system incorporated into the  curriculum changes around 1952 that was adopted to effectively discourage any form of challenge to a higher authority.  That has manifested itself into Thais privately discussing the many bad and corrupt issues that the Thai state did and still does yet unable to publicly make complaints due to such indoctrination and fear of reprisal. Only in very recent times have some people felt strong willed enough to do this and look at how this administration has criminally denied some of them their rights.

This is a very valid point. On many occassions I've had discussions with Mrs Chelseafan about the ineptitude of Government. She freely acknowedlges this but tells me to shut my cakehole when discussing in public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I estimate a one way ticket from the UK including all addons taxi's food drink insurance tests and onward travel to Chiang Mai with extra baggage will be £4-5k for price normally costing £4-500 I could be wrong but I don't see many tourists or returning expats to thrilled at that prospect but we shall see probably maybe ????

11 hours ago, Thailand said:

I don't think there will be that many arrivals on the "big day"!

It is possible to arrive Jul 01 at 17:10 from North America with a connecting flight in Singapore on SQ

They actually have two flights scheduled. I'd reckon there would be a good passenger load as long as people can get the COE sorted out in advance. 

• Haha 2