Hair cuts during covid spread

superal

Do you have a regular barber that you continue to use during this covid pandemic ? Or maybe your partner can cut for you ?  I know of some guys who use electric clippers and do themselves . The barbers that I have used are not the most hygenic when using the same towel ,to go around your neck , for every customer and their scissors are not sanitized between customers , same goes for their combs . What was laughable was when I went to a barber that I had not used before , there were 3 barbers and 1 barber refused to cut my hair because I was a farang and maybe have virus and continued to lie down and snooze .

Also I have noticed some guys who previously had dark hair had now white hair because they were scared to go to the barbers for colouring but some now do it themselves .  Just wondering if many members colour their hair ?  Also do you have the open razor shave . Me too scared since getting cut once when in Turkey  . In Turkey the barber would also trim your eyebrows and remove ear hair but not had that in Thailand 

I postponed my last hair cut due to the 3rd wave. But last week I finally gave up and went to my regular salon in Bangkok, where they were happy to see me and restored order to the jungle that had grown on my head. Glad I did!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wait until I scare myself in the mirror and then go to a one lady shop. The chair is near an open door. She isn't the best. She isn't the cheapest. But it seems safe enough. 

and she has nice assets ...

1 hour ago, superal said:

In Turkey the barber would also trim your eyebrows and remove ear hair but not had that in Thailand 

I am a bit surprised at that. I think all the barbers I have used over the years here in Thailand asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed and if not I asked them to do it.

Some even automatically do ear hairs as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, topt said:

I am a bit surprised at that. I think all the barbers I have used over the years here in Thailand asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed and if not I asked them to do it.

Some even automatically do ear hairs as well. 

They almost all ask if you want eyebrows. Some do a bit of ear. Occasionally they'll approach the nose but I tell them to back off, sharing a nose cutting tool is seriously gross. 

Best haircut in Thailand was in Pattaya 3 doors away from the Lek hotel .  Cut ladies and mens hair . Haircut followed by shampoo and head massage then blow dry costing 200 baht and hairdresser was a cheeky attractive young lady ( I think ) . 

Up in Issan I pay 80 - 100 baht haircut only , Thai pay 50 or 60 baht including a shave .

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They almost all ask if you want eyebrows. Some do a bit of ear. Occasionally they'll approach the nose but I tell them to back off, sharing a nose cutting tool is seriously gross. 

The lad who cuts mine supplies his own gel, allways struggles for a couple of minutes behind me before he gets it out the bottle, don't tell excel. ????

• Haha 2

I need a haircut, not had one for over 3 months, it's normally a No.3 all over, mine does eyebrows & ears but I asked him not to do my nose as Jingthing said, not a very clean practice, as for colouring my grey hair, no chance, I'm quite proud of my grey/ white full head of hair ????

I've been to Turkey quite a few times, it was a lovely country back in the 80's & 90's Turkish barbers were the best, a hot towel wrapped around your fizog to soften the bristles before a really close shave, a great haircut & then the coup de grace of a flaming Q tip to remove ear & I think nose hair, and soooo cheap ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Have my own private Barber, chief cook and bottle washer !

Mrs C with clippers, straight over the top, 3 minutes job done.????

Use to do it with a razor back in the old monk days but trying to clean shave your head in a shower without a mirror is more difficult and time consuming that it sounds. 

Post-monkhood:  Put Number 2 shears on the clippers, plug it in, and do it myself in all of about 1 minutes! 
Bzzzzzzzz - Bob's Your Uncle!

• Like 1

Once I went to a barber outside my dsughters' school. He asked if he could see my penis. 

I had a haircut last week in lopburi, 100 baht. 

Covid has had no effect on my hair, I've had about 4 cuts in different hairdressers. I like trying new ones and to show off my Thai language skills. I also ask for a 15 minute head massage, which results in a nice tip. 

Chap in my town does a good job , very fussy he is to , 2 different size clippers , shaves the back of my neck , takes 25 mins. 60 B.   But about 3 times ago it was horrid , old boy in the chair wanted his ears cleaning , a large cotton bud inserted , I was embarased , oh and last time about 3 weeks ago another old boy wanted his grey hair dyed black , while he was waiting fo the lotion to work mine was cut.

28 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm quite proud of my grey white full head of hair

Me too.  Well earned grey!  It looks great.  I wouldn't color it for the world!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My wife cuts my hair, always a great job & takes great delight in plucking - I said plucking  ???? my nose hair out!

Bloody hurts!

2 hours ago, superal said:

Best haircut in Thailand was in Pattaya 3 doors away from the Lek hotel .  Cut ladies and mens hair . Haircut followed by shampoo and head massage then blow dry costing 200 baht and hairdresser was a cheeky attractive young lady ( I think ) . 

Up in Issan I pay 80 - 100 baht haircut only , Thai pay 50 or 60 baht including a shave .

Since Covid I don't get a shave ! I get the haircut,brows,ears, and nose ! Come to think of it ,the nose should be off limits ! oops I forgot  about that! Fingers crossed that the 100 people before me didn't pick up a variant of covid and transfer it to those non sterile scissors ! 

50 minutes ago, internationalism said:

my wife use to trim my hair.

Since covid I did not have to shave, so grew beard.

Later started to grow hair, which are now shoulder length.

I am never going to cut anything.

Because I am grey, first I have experimented with more natural for an european different shades of brown, from different companies and 70-100b per 50g box. Very often disappointed because colours were not same as on the box.

Now I have settled for pitch black, made from charcoaled bamboo. 

I have learned to apply it by myself, that includes eyebrows.

I look much better and feel 20 years younger.

Lazada for 25b per 50g tube, costs some 5 baht for each colouring. I do small jobs every 2-3 weeks.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i919244570-s1871640242.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

It worked for 007. Just make sure the chest wig matches.

image.jpeg.25280ad6b3a53220112bb7bf4dff0baf.jpeg