Home visit for TR Visa?

Hello, I am on a 60 day tourist visa that was just extended recently. I have read a little bit about home visits from immigration officers on this and other platforms. 

Are home visits typically done for those of us on tourist visas? Or is that mainly for long stay foreigners with Work permits, Marriage visas, etc…? 

Just curious, as naturally as a tourist I tend to move around a lot when I am visiting. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, James14 said:

Are home visits typically done for those of us on tourist visas?

Never.

3 minutes ago, James14 said:

Or is that mainly for long stay foreigners with Work permits, Marriage visas, etc…? 

Home visits are ’sometimes’ carried out for Non-Immigrant type O extensions based on marriage in some provinces outside of Bangkok. 

• Like 1

A home visit is only needed for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

Some offices do a visit to confirm that the address shown on the application for a extension based upon retirement is correct.

It is certainly not required if you are on a tourist visa entry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James14 said:

Just curious, as naturally as a tourist I tend to move around a lot when I am visiting. Thank

No home visit. Even for 12 month extensions there are only home visits for extension based on marriage. 

Of no concern to you. Enjoy your holiday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A home visit is only needed for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

Some offices do a visit to confirm that the address shown on the application for a extension based upon retirement is correct.

It is certainly not required if you are on a tourist visa entry.

Hi ubonjoe.

quick question regarding home visits.

Is it usual to only have one visit on your first extension in a new province, or is a home visit required for every extension thereafter?

I have already had my initial home visit last year.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Is it usual to only have one visit on your first extension in a new province, or is a home visit required for every extension thereafter?

I have already had my initial home visit last year.

Most offices only do a home visit for the first extension. A few odd offices do one every year.