Thailand targets reopening within 120 days as economy flounders

snoop1130

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayuth urged the public to get vaccinated as fast as possible and said the reopening target could only be met if the vaccines are delivered according to the committed schedules.

First accurate thing he has said I think, it's all down to supply and then the logistics of distribution to where it's needed at the right time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I’m not too sure what he is talking about really, but it seems the balance is shifting heavily toward the “open and be damned” side of the equation.

Maybe the open and be damned is going through his mind as"stuff the suitcases with cash and do a runner if it all goes wrong"

• Haha 2

PM aims to fully reopen Thailand in 4 months

PM_120-days_web.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha declared today (Wednesday) that Thailand will fully reopen its borders within four months, as the country is to begin welcoming fully vaccinated foreign tourists, starting with the southern resort island of Phuket on July 1st.

“The time has now come for us to look ahead and set the date on which we can fully open our country and start welcoming visitors, because it is one of the important ways by which we can start to reduce the enormous suffering of people who have lost their incomes,” said Mr. Prayut in a televised address.

“I know this decision comes with some risks because, when we open the country, there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions may be, but I think, when we consider the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take a calculated risk. The priorities for our country must now advance to the next level,” he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-aims-to-fully-reopen-thailand-in-4-months/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Maybe the open and be damned is going through his mind as"stuff the suitcases with cash and do a runner if it all goes wrong"

I’m sure that’s already been done.

the helicopter is idling in the backyard 

• Like 1