Notification of residence, TM30 (90days reporting)

I moved the apartment at the first week of this month. Today, I went to immigration for 90 days report and notification of residence. The officer told me that the landlord did not register my stay just seeing my documents. If I do register by myself , I need to pay fine 800 baht. And then, my documents were moved to another table and the officer at that place told me to bring TM 30 forms from the previous apartment landlord. If I cannot show, I need to pay fine also. I said that I made 90 days report the same address over one year and I didn't bring the one.

Today, I brought the documents

• TM 30 from the new address landlord
  • the contract of the room rentel
  • the ID copy of the landlord
  • my passport copy

I would like to know

1.  TM30 (old address) is really required?
  2. registration of stay is responsible for the landlord. Why do we need to pay fine? The strict regulation and fine should be directly to the landlord.

PS. I paid the fine (800 baht) . After thinking for go back on the next day and time, I have decided to pay (555)

Recommendation: If you need to go Maung Thoung Thani office, make sure your copy numbers. The woman from copier shop is so rude. I gave my documents and passport to copy. I asked her to copy one more page from passport, she refused to make because I showed her the papers separately. I told her that I just need one page. She said and shouted that this is Thai and this is rule. So disappointed her behavior. While I was telling to copy, there is no one waiting there and buying water and food. No queue. 

Is there anyone like me?

201476290_127214429484029_4096767526362356331_n.jpeg

2 hours ago, SheldonAmy said:

I would like to know

1.  TM30 (old address) is really required?

Do you have it as proof of being registered at a previous residence is the question.

2 hours ago, SheldonAmy said:

registration of stay is responsible for the landlord. Why do we need to pay fine? The strict regulation and fine should be directly to the landlord.

Not exactly, your just as responsible as the landlord under the Immigration Act.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. 

Section 4 : House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

When you move into a new residence, it's always a good idea to insist on signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card, as well as decide who will take responsibility for filing the TM30.

Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) en - immigration.pdf

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, SheldonAmy said:

I mean that when the new address registration is made, need to show the old TM30?

No, they should remove that receipt and staple the receipt of the newly filed TM30 in the back of your Passport.

• Like 1

Broader TM.30 questions

is the website working? saw some reports that one was unable to save/enter data. I can view previously filed reports.

is the mobile app working? saw some reprots that it was.

I've had no need to file any TM.30's in well over a year, but may have to in the coming months.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

is the website working? saw some reports that one was unable to save/enter data. I can view previously filed reports.

Yes 

You may not be able to see old reports.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

is the mobile app working? saw some reprots that it was.

Yes but you have to register to use it.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I've had no need to file any TM.30's in well over a year, but may have to in the coming months.

They are only required now if you change your address for most people. It is only required if you enter the country with a new visa.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes 

You may not be able to see old reports.

Yes but you have to register to use it.

They are only required now if you change your address for most people. It is only required if you enter the country with a new visa.

"

It is only required if you enter the country with a new visa" 

I just did a tm 30 yesterday, do ever need to file a tm 30 again(Eg enter with a new visa) if staying at the same adress in thailand all the time? 

11 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

I just did a tm 30 yesterday, do ever need to file a tm 30 again(Eg enter with a new visa) if staying at the same address in thailand all the time? 

That is correct. No need to do another one unless you change your address or enter with a new visa.

The rules were changed a year ago at the end of this month.

• Thanks 1