Chulabhorn Royal Academy to end Sinopharm booking on Friday

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The thought of the best vaccine being the one you can get right now is ludicrous. Vaccines in my opinion are like bar girls. Sometimes it's far better to wait until there is quality rather than what's available now.

If only the people in India had that luxury......

But I agree the situation in Thailand is not that bad at the moment where you should just be grabbing anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The thought of the best vaccine being the one you can get right now is ludicrous. Vaccines in my opinion are like bar girls. Sometimes it's far better to wait until there is quality rather than what's available now.

At the current rate of lies, promises and misinformation, that could be a veryyyy long time.

Stay safe and well.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Since June 14, 10,000 organizations booked via vaccine.cra.ac.th, creating a demand for supplies in excess of 3.6 million doses.

Have they explained how they intend to meet that sizable excess demand, and within what time frame?

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Have they explained how they intend to meet that sizable excess demand, and within what time frame?

Not sure any have actually been delivered yet.

This exercise (registration) helps them forecast demand, and then figure out how many more to order. With 1 MM on order, assume they'd go for another 1 or 2 MM, and intent on another 1 MM after that?

What's amazing is how quickly they registered so many organizations and people.

Meanwhile intervac limps along, and both foreigners have registered so far. While thousands of others field telemarketing calls.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

It will get worse before it gets better.

I mean everything.

Don't imagine it cannot or will not descend to the depths of unrest we see in Burma right now.

The two regimes are very pally, and share "pro tips" on frequent qarantine-free visits that they think the rest of the worlds intelligence agencies dont know about. ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meanwhile intervac limps along, and both foreigners have registered so far. While thousands of others field telemarketing calls.

As for telemarketers, it's very easy.

If my phone address book does not recognise a number, it goes unanswered.

If it's truly life-or-death the caller can leave a message or text.

It's that simple.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kamahele said:

If it helps you not die before a better vaccine is available, I'm all in

Agree.

AND:

is it just the fact that Sinovac is not applied in the "west" that I read almost nothing about serious/fatal side effects.

Or can someone help me out with such news?

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Agree.

AND:

is it just the fact that Sinovac is not applied in the "west" that I read almost nothing about serious/fatal side effects.

Or can someone help me out with such news?

If its WHO approved, which it is, and there's no significant risk advisory from them or other Covid centers of excellence such as Johns-Hopkins then it's likely to be better than virus-dodging as a survival strategy.

I have a visceral distrust of China, but they're not so misanthropic as to knowingly sicken their own population, I will take any vaccine that's on offer.  The chances of requiring a more effective booster next yeart sometime (likely from the west) remain high anyway.