Best deal Mandatory Covid Insurance for Non Immigrant visa ?

4 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

I thought it was if applying for a non o etc based on marriage in future it was mandatory for anyone here ?

That was false info posted on a newspaper website. It is only for OA visas and extensions of one.

See this ongoing topic about it. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220644-elderly-expats-given-lifeline-regarding-mandatory-insurance-requirement-for-non-immigrant-“o-a”-visas/

• Like 2

Cheapest coverage I've found is through LMG.  7700 Baht for one year.  Throw away police, practically speaking useless because of high deductibles but it meets the minimum requirements of Thailand Immigration.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:15 AM, Randy99 said:

Cheapest coverage I've found is through LMG.  7700 Baht for one year.  Throw away police, practically speaking useless because of high deductibles but it meets the minimum requirements of Thailand Immigration.

Are you sure you are not talking about the Health Insurance Only policy? If so I don't believe it covers Covid.

Edited by Lee4Life

On 6/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

That was false info posted on a newspaper website. It is only for OA visas and extensions of one.

See this ongoing topic about it. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220644-elderly-expats-given-lifeline-regarding-mandatory-insurance-requirement-for-non-immigrant-“o-a”-visas/

I obtained my retirement visa here in Thailand at Chonburi Immigration back in 2018. Do I have an O-A visa? Or is the O-A only obtained outside of Thailand? For a visa for purpose of retirement obtained in Thailand is that an O-A?

I have done 2 extensions and will be doing my 3rd in September. When I get my extension will I be required to show my insurance? (I have USA travel health insurance which does cover Covid 19)

8 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I obtained my retirement visa here in Thailand at Chonburi Immigration back in 2018. Do I have an O-A visa? Or is the O-A only obtained outside of Thailand? For a visa for purpose of retirement obtained in Thailand is that an O-A?

I have done 2 extensions and will be doing my 3rd in September. When I get my extension will I be required to show my insurance? (I have USA travel health insurance which does cover Covid 19)

You have a non-o visa if you applied for it at immigration. A OA visa is only issued at embassy or official consulate in your home country or one where you have legal residence.

You will not need insurance of any kind to apply for your extension if you have extended a non-o visa entry.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rodknock said:

it would be nice if some one knew where to buy the covid coverage?

For obtaining the mandatory Covid Insurance for the COE to enter the Country, or voluntary Covid Insurance if already in Country?

I've never read such a confusing or confused topic by members over Insurance.

There are two different kinds of Insurance requirements.

1. The 400K inpatient, 40K outpatient general Health Insurance.

2. The $100,000 Covid Insurance.

The mandatory Covid Insurance is a requirement if entering Thailand, regardless of Visa type, or an extension with a re-entry permit, in order to apply for the COE from a Thai Embassy.

The 400/40K Health Insurance is a requirement for certain Visa type applications at Thai Embassies based on retirement and for annual extensions of entry from a Non Imm O-A Visa at local Immigration offices.

It is not mandatory for certain Visa type applications based on Thai family/marriage at a Thai Embassy, or for annual extensions based on marriage from local Immigration offices.

Applications for extensions of stay (permits, not Visas) at Immigration offices do not require the mandatory Covid Insurance (which is only for entry to Thailand).

However you can purchase voluntary Covid Insurance policies from within Thailand as a personal choice.

Edited by Tanoshi