Thai Airways - rebooking cancelled flights

RAZZELL

I have one single and 3 return flights that were cancelled last year by Thai Airways. (All with booking/ticket numbers with 217)

Has anyone followed the instructions on here:

www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/contact_us/thai_special_assistance_form.page

And received a new flight or voucher?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I've got a return ticket to Europe from may 2020. I've written to Thai Airways both in Thailand and Sweden. So far, zip has happened. After flying with Qatar Airways, Thai are pretty much out anyway. Is there anybody who have received a refund from Thai Airways ? To me it looks like they are ignoring it totally.

We had a Thai airways return ticket from LHR to BKK for March 20 and another for June 20. I cancelled the first a few days before because of ongoings and they subsequently cancelled the June flight prior. I contacted them countless times back then for a refund and just kept getting emails stating words to the effect of 'we are dealing with it all and will come back to you etc etc', BS really...........................After getting nowhere, I asked them in November/Dec to issue 2 flight credits/vouchers in lieu of the flights and within 2 days received 2 vouchers.

Yesterday, we wanted to book a flight for the 27th for my daughter (Thai national) to go BKK. went online Thai Air and went through all booking (£890 return) and expected there to be a section at payment to input voucher numbers, but there wasn't. Phoned the Thai airways UK number countless times and you can't get through, website confirms phone lines currently unavailable''. So, we got 2 vouchers and assumed it was a 'no go'. Anyway, sent an email stating all the above and within 2 hours had a ticket come through to email......wasn't expecting that after all the bad comms prior in the last year or so.............................................................................................................................C of E now applied for, just waiting now and according to the embassy who we called twice, she doesn't need a covid test before boarding as Thai airways don't require it apparently (she's taking a kit with her just in case). She was also told that the Thai national state quarantine is still free (another recent thread covers this a part for Thai citizens) until the end of this month and that they were unsure what the exact situation would be in July, but that they believed it would be some form of quota system (I assumed that to mean a limited number of free spaces or thereabouts??).....................Fingers crossed in all pans out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, milys said:

Yeah, I've got a return ticket to Europe from may 2020. I've written to Thai Airways both in Thailand and Sweden. So far, zip has happened. After flying with Qatar Airways, Thai are pretty much out anyway. Is there anybody who have received a refund from Thai Airways ? To me it looks like they are ignoring it totally.

I got a full refund on my June 2019 tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Yeh, that's what i meaning, my ticket from March 2020, Thai airways ....don't know about its existence anymore.

Back flying in July. Was announced on Monday.

RAZZ

We had 2 Thai Airline tickets - Business class, departure & return for April 2021 to Europe -  and after multiple phone calls and email messages to Thai airlines, we recieved vouchers to be redeemed before end of 2022.

It was however, quite a frustrating experience as most of our calls to Customer Service were not picked up, and the vouchers were received 2 months later than the advised dates. however, finalized now. No agents were involved as we had booked and paid for the tickets through the Thai Airliines website 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

We had 2 Thai Airline tickets - Business class, departure & return for April 2021 to Europe -  and after multiple phone calls and email messages to Thai airlines, we recieved vouchers to be redeemed before end of 2022.

It was however, quite a frustrating experience as most of our calls to Customer Service were not picked up, and the vouchers were received 2 months later than the advised dates. however, finalized now. No agents were involved as we had booked and paid for the tickets through the Thai Airliines website 

Why not getting a refund, then you are free to purchase new tickets with any airline?

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Why not getting a refund, then you are free to purchase new tickets with any airline?

By the time we managed to get in touch with the CS department, we were advised that only rebooking  vouchers were available. No refunds!

I received refunds on some tickets as requested very quickly even as recently as January this year. Other tickets (7 No) to Auckland, London and Tokyo I retained and did not ask for refunds or vouchers. They have all been extended until end of this year and if not used or not possible to use will be extended until end of next year. Route can be changed on all tickets, which are all Business or First Class. I am a Platinum Member, but I don't think that this mattered.

• Like 1