Pub and bars appeal to government/CCSA: Let us open and serve alcohol again from July 1st

webfact

Might as well give it a go. What's the worst that could happen? A few thousand more people die, and a fourth wave of Delta variant further sets back the country.

Or, somehow, things are manageable.

Load up on amulets and offerings, and consult the fortune tellers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Start with allowing alcoholic drinks in restaurants or with meals in pubs. As long as social distancing procedures are followed then there is no reason that a couple of pints with a meal will cause COVID. It would breathe some life into the hospitality sector.

I think girly/gogo bars and nightclubs can wait a while. Without stating the obvious, from a practical standpoint I do see how these places would be a breeding ground for the virus and given Thailand's disastrous, inept, pathetic, laughable, pitiful, woeful vaccine rollout that might not be wise at this point.

57 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I think girly/gogo bars and nightclubs can wait a while.

Agreed. Apart from a few s@x-starved farang, there are no punters anyway yet.

57 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Thailand's disastrous, inept, pathetic, laughable, pitiful, woeful vaccine rollout that might not be wise at this point.

True, but let's remember Thailand is hardly alone in this. Thailand has no monopoly on Incompetent flip-flopping know-nothings and almost everything we are seeing here in terms of laughability an be seen elsewhere

[I note Aussie just today rejigged their recommendations for the AZ jobbie - it alternates weekly between over-50 and over-60 only. Meanwhile Bojo's (mal)administration in England completely reneged on its "promise" to re-open next week. They are all equally stupid, venal and incompetent sc*m]

10 minutes ago, itsari said:

They need to take a look at them selves before complaining as many of there fraternity never stuck to the rules when they were allowed to open . 

I miss going out for a drink , yet I understand why the policy is to close all bars .

Yes exactly right. 

I have kids at school in Bangkok and they have had a very disruptive 12 plus months, every time there is a lockdown  schools have  closed down.  The recent outbreak and possibly, also the first one, likely spread initially in nightlife settings, not in schools! but kids have suffered.

Restaurants and bars (with alcohol)  maybe ok but i would prefer they keep the clubs and other entertainment venues closed until most of the country has been vaccinated.

Most other parents i know feel the same. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Agreed. Apart from a few s@x-starved farang, there are no punters anyway yet.

True, but let's remember Thailand is hardly alone in this. Thailand has no monopoly on Incompetent flip-flopping know-nothings and almost everything we are seeing here in terms of laughability an be seen elsewhere

[I note Aussie just today rejigged their recommendations for the AZ jobbie - it alternates weekly between over-50 and over-60 only. Meanwhile Bojo's (mal)administration in England completely reneged on its "promise" to re-open next week. They are all equally stupid, venal and incompetent sc*m]

Its not easy to follow a virus and be sure you are making the correct decisions . That goes for Aussies , Brits and Thais as you have mentioned all three .

2 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Yes exactly right. 

I have kids at school in Bangkok and they have had a very disruptive 12 plus months, every time there is a lockdown  schools have  closed down.  The recent outbreak and possibly, also the first one, likely spread initially in nightlife settings, not in schools! but kids have suffered.

Restaurants and bars (with alcohol)  maybe ok but i would prefer they keep the clubs and other entertainment venues closed until most of the country has been vaccinated.

Thank you for your input and agree what you say  . The patrons of licensed premises are also to blame for the closures . Not a great deal you can do about them apart from close all licensed premises down .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Yes exactly right. 

Every single Bar, Club and Night Spot should remain closed. As should any other establishment that could serve Alcohol.

Not being able to sit on a bar Stool, with some Lady hanging off your neck whilst being completely Rat Faced and trying to be funny, is not going to Kill you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Every single Bar, Club and Night Spot should remain closed. As should any other establishment that could serve Alcohol.

Not being able to sit on a bar Stool, with some Lady hanging off your neck whilst being completely Rat Faced and trying to be funny, is not going to Kill you.

Can you enlighten us more about ladies hanging from your neck while being rat faced ? 

Sounds more like it will save you from a fate worse than death . Gives a new meaning about going out for a drink .

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Its not easy to follow a virus and be sure you are making the correct decisions

Of course. So given they know no more than we do why don't they 1. stop pretending they are competent (voters everywhere already know the tw#ts couldn't tie their own shoes, let alone run a pandemic) and 2. let us make our own decisions. It won't be any worse, but it might just get things back to 'normal', which is of course what the pollies don't want.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

I've seen beer being served in restaurants.  Order one and they deliver it to you in a large insulated tumbler (with ice).

All the bars near us are open.....pool tables.....music blasting out.

Last night the police piled in, about ten of them arrived on motorbikes.......'arrested' a bar girl....took her outside, the boss policeman had his photo taken with her......they all laughed and then went??????

11 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I was told 2 days ago by a bar owner in Loi Kroh, Chiang Mai that bars allowed to open tomorrow the 18th so not sure what is happening.

See you there!

I'll be the half-cut geezer in the mask with a hole for the beer-straw...

PS: That BTS picture above, they're all so close, they may as well be having (now banned) sex. At least it would be a fun ride to work.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1