Hi all

Australian - arrived from Vietnam (been working for 7 years),have a Thai wife and child been in and out for 20 years.

To enter with COE and do quarantine etc.  I got a Non O multi entry visa to visit family from HCMC Thai embassy.

All done very professionally and worked well.

Quarantined 15 days at courtyard hotel - was fine - boring, as it was for all under quarantine I am sure.

Now the issue - this is the first time ever been here more than a month and the passport was stamped on arrival for 90 days which expires next week.

I am 50 Km from Bueng Gan which has an immigration office but would like to know what are my requirements for renewing the stamp.

I am considering a retirement extension but only opened a fixed deposit with 800K one month ago and may need go back to HCM in the next two months so thought I would do the retirement after that.

Can someone please advise what to ask for at immigration.

Regards and thanks

Greg

You can request a 60 day extension to visit wife, That would give you enough time to season your 800K, at which point you can apply for a 1 year extension based upon retirement should you desire.

oH...and don't forget to file your TM47 90 day address report if staying in the country longer than 90 days.

Edited by tonray

Why did you get a multiple entry non-o visa that you will only use one time to enter the country?

You can apply for a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension and then apply for your extension of stay when you have the money in the bank for 2 months.

Why are you applying for an extension based upon retirement that requires 800k baht for 2 months to apply and then for 3 months after the day you apply and then 400k baht for the rest of the year.

A extension based upon marriage only requires 400k baht for 2 months and then you can do what you want to with the 400k baht.

23 minutes ago, tonray said:

oH...and don't forget to file your TM47 90 day address report if staying in the country longer than 90 days.

That will not be needed if he applies for a extension. The first extension is equal to doing a report according to the rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That will not be needed if he applies for a extension. The first extension is equal to doing a report according to the rules.

I wasn't aware the 60 day wife visit also qualified. Thanks for the update.

Hi Joe

I have the 1 year multiple entry as I expected to travel, however the destinations have become very complex and will take longer to be able to  go.

Current negotiations with the VN shareholders may mean I need go back but had been hoping for a rational vaccine strategy in either place first.

I did not realise that the one year had 90 day increments but thought that at 90 days the local office could stamp and extend for me up to a year even without trips.

Regarding the 800K I had it since 2013 ready but then went to Myanmar and Vietnam so is OK for me to use it for what I intended all that time ago.

I will follow your guidance and go to Bueng Gan tomorrow and get 60 days first  after which depending on direction can take the next step.

And I guess I need a TM47 report while I am there?

Many thanks and best regards

Greg

Greg

If you do leave the country you will not be able to use your visa for entry or you would lose your extension. You need a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep your extension valid when you enter the country.

You will not need to do a 90 day report until after you apply for the one year extension since your 60 day extension application will reset the 90 day reporting to zero.

Edit: I assume you are living in Bueng Kan province. If not you have to do the extension application at the immigration office in the province where you are living.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thank you again.

If I have to return to Vietnam I expect it will be around 6 months (inc 21 day hcmc quarantine). 

My worst case is to finalise liquodation by Tet 2020 which is 8 months away.

If I get a one year extension multiple entry will that still cover me?

Regards

Greg

OP, your married with child also and been in and out of Thailand for 20 years and then get a ME visa (marriage) from Saigon. The worst possible visa given current situation. 

You should have either obtained a non O (marriage) which gives you 90 day permit to stay after which, depending on situation could obtain 12 month extension. After which if you need exit Thailand all you would need is reentry permit.

You could have even entered visa exempt 45 days + 30day extension then obtain 60 day covid extensions.

The ME (marriage) was a ripper visa for many. Especially those that travel a lot.

That was PRE COVID.

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, GregBow said:

If I get a one year extension multiple entry will that still cover me?

You could apply for a multiple re-entry permit that will be valid for entry to the day you extension ends.

The fee is 3800 baht for a multiple or 1000 baht for a single re-entry permit.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe, I arrived in BKK on April 1 with a new passport. Previous extension had expired. Applied for a new non-O on April 22 and valid until July 22.

Did the 90 day clock start on April 1? If so, then my 90 day report should be due June 29. If I go to CW next week (either the 29th or 30th) to file my annual extension, I don't need to do a 90 report?

Edited by JerseytoBKK

48 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

If I go to CW next week (either the 29th or 30th) to file my annual extension, I don't need to do a 90 report?

You do not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days from the day you apply for your one year extension of stay.