Vaccination registration for non-working foreigners in Phuket opens

webfact

1623899032_1-org.jpg

The ‘Phuket Must Win’ website (www. ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com) now shows a new category, ’Vaccination for non-work permit foreigners’. Screenshot: Phuket Must Winv

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket who have not been issued a work permit can now register to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination, local authorities have announced.

The announcement came through one sentence in a post on the official Facebook page of the “Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket”, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior, after 7pm last night.

Of note, the post was in English language.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/vaccination-registration-for-non-working-foreigners-in-phuket-opens-80366.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-17

31 minutes ago, kotsak said:

The fact that they need to segregate based on working/non-working foreigners/non-foreigners shows they are oblivious the least. The virus (and any disease for that matter) doesn't  give a rat's a$$ who is what.

Of course there are differences between people. There is a reason that in western countries people most likely to get in contact with infected people like health workers and police officers were the first to get vaccinated. Not different here, your retiree living in the sticks is less likely to get infected than your waiter.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Of course there are differences between people. There is a reason that in western countries people most likely to get in contact with infected people like health workers and police officers were the first to get vaccinated. Not different here, your retiree living in the sticks is less likely to get infected than your waiter.

Actually that's not how it should work in real life.

Some countries I'm sure have deviated with Thailand being a good example that should NOT be followed but the majority of countries especially those in the west follow the WHO guidance on vaccination priority which is frontline health workers followed by those most at risk ie "Older adults defined by age-based risk"

Police officers and essential workers that are similar are way down the list and covered in this group:

"police officers, municipal services, childcare providers, agriculture and food workers, transportation workers, government workers essential to critical functioning of the state not covered by other categories"

I registered last night as a non working foreigner with no issues. The website portal said that my application was successful!! Lets see if I get an appointment....? Not holding my breath though.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

The fact that they need to segregate based on working/non-working foreigners/non-foreigners shows they are oblivious the least. The virus (and any disease for that matter) doesn't  give a rat's a$$ who is what.

It's like Whacka-mole.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

Step right up and hand over all your personal data for all to see. Be the first to get fleeced. Step right up. 

Immigration have all of your information already so what's the problem with providing the same information to someone else?

• Sad 1

I've just completed the registration, I entered exactly the same information that Immigration have when I do my renewal every year, messege once registration completed "we already have your information, thankyou" 

Paranoia on these forums is just amazing! 

I'm not worried same as I have not been worried for the past 12 years.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 2

many farangs here claiming registration on www.phuket.win govt website with “ no problem” and “ same data as Imm.” etc. but nobody advising how to deal with the “Village No.” data field which lacks a drop down menu ?

Leaving it blank worked for me. How many villages can there be in a sub-district anyway ? Need your housebook to sign in at vax centre anyway ?

incomplete confusing form section ..... once again.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

many farangs here claiming registration on www.phuket.win govt website with “ no problem” and “ same data as Imm.” etc. but nobody advising how to deal with the “Village No.” data field which lacks a drop down menu ?

Leaving it blank worked for me. How many villages can there be in a sub-district anyway ? Need your housebook to sign in at vax centre anyway ?

incomplete confusing form section ..... once again.

I entered my house number in "Village number" what else could it be!

“ village no.” best answer ( not here) is “Moo” in my case “8” which fits as also told only numbers accepted in this field without special characters so my house no. 8/9 would not work nor as advised here, does post code ( too many numbers?). I left this field blank which also (seemed) to work.