Retirement visa renewal

For retirement extension in Bangkok book an appointment online. If you have all paperwork in order then less than 2 hours from start to finish. That's how it was for me in March 2021 (and that included getting a re-entry permit too). Good luck.

No, you could make an on-line appointment at CW, go there 90 min early to make copies of passport etc, make pictures if necessary (100B), arrange your bank letter (except for SCB) and fill in the various papers All this in the basement. Regarding paperwork, ask for TM.7 form at the counter when you enter immigration division 1 (first floor or ground floor depending where you come from) and say it is for retirement extension. They then should hand you the additional forms (overstay rules, I still live  at..... and a few more). Assuming your paperwork is OK it will then take ca. 15 min to process your application at the appropriate L-counter and another 15 to 60 min to wait for your passport to be returned with the required signature. At least this is how it worked for me end of April (for me not the first extension though). 

3 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

. At least this is how it worked for me end of April (for me not the first extension though)

One thing I think you forgot to mention. You must have hard copy print out of your appointment confirmation email.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will get your passport back on the same day you apply for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Do you have a non-o visa entry or one from a OA visa.

Its a non o

20 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

No, you could make an on-line appointment at CW, go there 90 min early to make copies of passport etc, make pictures if necessary (100B), arrange your bank letter (except for SCB) and fill in the various papers All this in the basement. Regarding paperwork, ask for TM.7 form at the counter when you enter immigration division 1 (first floor or ground floor depending where you come from) and say it is for retirement extension. They then should hand you the additional forms (overstay rules, I still live  at..... and a few more). Assuming your paperwork is OK it will then take ca. 15 min to process your application at the appropriate L-counter and another 15 to 60 min to wait for your passport to be returned with the required signature. At least this is how it worked for me end of April (for me not the first extension though). 

Thank you.  very helpful

11 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Thank you 

Here is link for appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

You need to be 15 minutes early as they often see you early. Don't wait to be called. Be in proximity of office (think L32)

When imm officer free approach with your appointment email printout hardcopy.

Personally I find appointment at ~ 1045am convenient. That gives time to obtain bank letter from lower level. Note SCB does not have branch CW.

Make small deposit 100baht at same time as obtaining letter. The clerk will know what to do. Ask her for photocopy of last page showing that deposit. .

If you overlook any required photocopies there is a photo/print stall near the banks. That stall can also print out you appointment email. Obviously you need data internet to forward email to them.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You need to be 15 minutes early as they often see you early. Don't wait to be called. Be in proximity of office (think L32)

Personally I find appointment at ~ 1045am convenient. That gives time to obtain bank letter from lower level. Note SCB does not have branch CW.

Make small deposit 100baht at same time as obtaining letter. The clerk will know what to do. Ask her for photocopy of last page showing that deposit. .

If you overlook any required photocopies there is a photo/print stall near the banks. That stall can also print out you appointment email. Obviously you need data internet to forward email to them.

Thank you very much for the detailed steps. 

2 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Thank you very much for the detailed steps. 

One last tip. Regarding your paperwork the first thing the imm officer wants to see is your bank book with required photocopies of pages. Makes sense, as if that's not in order then they don't need to look at anything else.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

One last tip. Regarding your paperwork the first thing the imm officer wants to see is your bank book with required photocopies of pages. Makes sense, as if that's not in order then they don't need to look at anything else.

Thank you.  Would there be a problem if my retirement visa was issued in another city in Thailand and I renew in BK where i am living now?

3 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Thank you.  Would there be a problem if my retirement visa was issued in another city in Thailand and I renew in BK where i am living now?

Since this is your first extension, I think your extension will need to be done where your non O was issued. This is an important question so wait for @ubonjoe advice.

Did you enter Thailand on Non O Visa, or enter VE/TV and apply for the Non O at an Immigration office.

If the latter, then the procedure for changing from a VE/TV entry and applying for the Non O and subsequent 1 year extension must be completed at the same Immigration office that issued the Non O.

10 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Are you currently doing 90 day reports, TM30 etc, in Bangkok

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Did you enter Thailand on Non O Visa, or enter VE/TV and apply for the Non O at an Immigration office.

If the latter, then the procedure for changing from a VE/TV entry and applying for the Non O and subsequent 1 year extension must be completed at the same Immigration office that issued the Non O.

Thank you

15 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Yes I am 

OK. You don't have a 'retirement' Visa, they don't exist.

You originally had a Non O Visa that permitted you to stay for 90 days.

You then apply to extend that permission of stay by 1 year each and every year.

It's a permit, not a Visa.

You already have an existing 1 year extension from a different Province and this is your first application for an extension in a different Province. You must have filed a TM30 if your doing 90 day reports in Bangkok. Is that a correct summary.

The documents required for your extension in Bangkok, will be practically identical to those you submitted in the previous Province for your extension there.

Edited by Tanoshi

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

OK. You don't have a 'retirement' Visa, they don't exist.

You originally had a Non O Visa that permitted you to stay for 90 days.

You then apply to extend that permission of stay by 1 year each and every year.

It's a permit, not a Visa.

You already have an existing 1 year extension from a different Province and this is your first application for an extension in a different Province. You must have filed a TM30 if your doing 90 day reports in Bangkok. Is that a correct summary.

The documents required for your extension in Bangkok, will be practically identical to those you submitted in the previous Province for your extension there.

Ok thanks for the summary.  First paragraph is correct.  Just to be clear, last year was my first full year, obtained in different province.  Now time to get renewal, so this will be year 2 and I am in BK.  Been doing TM30 in BK for the last few months. Just wanting to make sure CW won't reject my papers and send me back to extend in the province the visa was issued. 

9 minutes ago, Lola Lola said:

Ok thanks for the summary.  First paragraph is correct.  Just to be clear, last year was my first full year, obtained in different province.  Now time to get renewal, so this will be year 2 and I am in BK.  Been doing TM30 in BK for the last few months. Just wanting to make sure CW won't reject my papers and send me back to extend in the province the visa was issued. 

Thanks for the clarification.

There is no problem submitting an application to extend your stay for another year in a different Province, provided you filed a TM30 with that Immigration office when you moved to your new residence.

From your statement if your submitting 90 day reports in Bangkok, then you must have filed a TM30.

You shouldn't have any problems, do you remember the documents you should submit? Providing your documents are in order your application will be processed the same day.

Edited by Tanoshi

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Thanks for the clarification.

There is no problem submitting an application to extend your stay for another year in a different Province, provided you filed a TM30 with that Immigration office when you moved to your new residence.

From your statement if your submitting 90 day reports in Bangkok, then you must have filed a TM30.

You shouldn't have any problems, do you remember the documents you should submit? Providing your documents are in order your application will be processed the same day.

Thank you.  I believe i know exactly what documents are needed.  2 things I am not totally certain of are 1) letter from the bank- do I need to get this from my own Bangkok Bank branch or can it be from any branch 2) Do I need to take copy of my health insurance with me? (I do have one)

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

L1 :27 is the first office on your right after entering the main area,show them your appointment print out,they will check you have all required documents,if all good they will take you to L1:32 for processing

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, norbra said:

L1 :27 is the first office on your right after entering the main area,show them your appointment print out,they will check you have all required documents,if all good they will take you to L1:32 for processing

Great . Thanks for all the tips

1 hour ago, Lola Lola said:

Thank you.  I believe i know exactly what documents are needed.  2 things I am not totally certain of are 1) letter from the bank- do I need to get this from my own Bangkok Bank branch or can it be from any branch 2) Do I need to take copy of my health insurance with me? (I do have one)

Can be any branch.

Insurance is not a requirement.

1) letter from the bank- do I need to get this from my own Bangkok Bank branch or can it be from any branch

Any branch.

2) Do I need to take copy of my health insurance with me? (I do have one)

Not required for extensions from a Non O Visa.