O-A Insurance and renewal. CW.

I have seen a few posts about this on here but as always in Thailand there is never a straight forward answer.

I want to do my extension of stay at the start of July, which will be 2 weeks before the old extension runs out.

I will have new insurance in place, my question is will I be allowed to do it early or will I be told "can not" because IQ's are hard to come by in IO's ?

1 minute ago, berybert said:

13TH of July, the old one run out of the 12th July. 

You will obtain definitive advice from expert and or someone that does exactly what currently about to do.

When this first started there was confusion as to when the insurance policy should start on day of application. In that situation your extension would only be 12 months from that date.

One would think that you could have insurance start on date your current policy expires.

Which immigration office do you deal with.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will obtain definitive advice from expert and or someone that does exactly what currently about to do.

When this first started there was confusion as to when the insurance policy should start on day of application. In that situation your extension would only be 12 months from that date.

One would think that you could have insurance start on date your current policy expires.

Which immigration office do you deal with.

I deal with CW. The policy runs for a full year as did the one I had last year. It's no different from before insurance was needed. You go early and get things sorted out early.

Last year I could kind of understand. This year not at all if insurance is ongoing why would you not be allowed to do it early. 

But TIT, it's all on the day. Just hoping a few might have been allowed to get done early and give me a heads up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If current policy ends on the same day your extension ends and you renew it so that there is not a lapse in coverage you can do your extension early.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Ubon Joe is correct, as usual.  I just did my extension at CW yesterday.  Last year I had a bit of a problem with the insurance, because it was the first year and they made me come back and get the extension the day my insurance policy started. 

This year, my old policy expires at 24:00 on the last day of my current extension and the new policy begins at 00:01 the following day.  There was no problem doing the extension early.

BTW, the extension process was much smoother than in past years, in part because it was less crowded, no doubt.  With all the required docs printed, signed, well organized, etc., it took almost exactly one hour.  Then getting the re-entry permit took about 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1