Phuket slashes resident population by 130 000 for sandbox

internationalism

These officials are a special kind of special !!!

Those people unable to get the vaccine because their ID is not registered in Phuket, or they are migrant labourers working in the tourist industry are on the front lines of tourism....

It is more important that these very people who have been ‘discounted’ are counted than anyone else.

The inside out and backwards mindset is absolutely astonishing at times....  

IF there are 500,000 people on Phuket, it doesn’t matter where they are from. For vaccination to be effective the majority need to be vaccinated.

Adjusting the criteria and pretending the population is lower is simply brushing reality under the carpet.

These officials know they are lying, they know they are manipulating the figures, they know everyone else knows they are lying and manipulating the figures.... the reality is they don’t care. 

Their hubris is astonishing.... 

• Like 2

How does a province reduce it's population (forcibly?) by 130k??

I guess they could demand formal registration in Phuket or told to GBH but how do you forcibly evict? Wonder if that includes the hookers lol?

Of course, the irony forcibly removing Thai citizens to make way for big business interests bringing in foreign nationals. Ouch.

This is a rather confusing story...I suppose the main takeaway is the vaccination campaign is continuing apace. All the thais I talk to around Chalong have been jabbed, many twice, along with the foreign businesspeople I interact with. This statement from the article is a bit weird:

“For People who work in Phuket but come from other provinces, there are more than 100,000 people, and at this stage, about 108,000 people or about 108% have received their injection,"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rodknock said:

next Thailand will slash there resident population so they do not need to get any more vaccine, and say they have reached heard immunization!!!!

Is there any limit as to the depth of lies and cheating that this government will not stoop to  in order to fill their own pockets yet purposely expose their own citizens to this dreadful virus.