Americans, what are must bring items to Thailand?

Guest TerryS123

Guest TerryS123

I am arriving in Thailand on July 2 on the OA visa. What are some things that you bring to Thailand from the states because you can't find in Thailand? 

Any types of snacks you like to eat, your meds and vitamins if you can get several months worth, and your bathroom supplies.  Razors and shaving cream here are a little bit more than in the states, but you can still source them here.  Most things can be bought here, or found on-line thru Shoppe or Lazada, just cost a bit more for those products

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whats all this with shaving cream ? $3 or so aint gonna break the bank surely. Just adapt a little.

If you have sensitive skin the local shaving cream causes some minor issues.  I guess one could use just soap and water....lol????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whats all this with shaving cream ? $3 or so aint gonna break the bank surely. Just adapt a little.

A Big C ( small, not the hypermarket ) near my home , sells shaving cream ( brand " Big C" ) 2 times cheaper than Gillette, and for me, quality is the same

for ear plugs, you find some in pharmacies or Taiwatasadu, orange color 

• Like 1

DEET-based mosquito repellent.

Blistex.

If you take vitamins/supplements bring your favorites, the assortment and quality available here is disappointing.

If you use sunscreen bring it, most of the stuff out here has "skin whitener" in it. 

Slightly off topic, if you're looking for a break from LOS while you're here, consider a trip to Malaysia and do some shopping there.  For some reason the Tesco stores in Malaysia have Tesco-brand items the ones in Thailand do not.  Or for an even longer "short trip" Australia, used to be some cheap flights. 

If you have big feet you are out of luck with shoes here and any neighboring country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1