Officials change definition of population of Phuket, claim island 74% vaccinated

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket officials are claiming that about 74% of people on the island have received at least one vaccination injection in the mass vaccination campaign across the island.

Yep that's it, the figure I was looking for.

boy-ande-calculator-2120025.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Transcendental Thai math strikes again.

How about this from the link to the article :-

“For People who work in Phuket but come from other provinces, there are more than 100,000 people, and at this stage, about 108,000 people or about 108% have received their injection,’"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

These clowns do not realise that they can fudge the figure however they like but at the end of the day false figures and ridiculous claims will not stop the spread of the virus. Only mass vaccinations are he answer.

The " False figures ' and ridiculous claims over the number of people who are fully Vaccinated, is a very dangerous game that is being played.

Should everything with the Phuket Sandbox go well, and to plan, with no serious repercussions from the actions taken, then the game has been won.

However, the flip side is that everything could  go wrong, and Tourists could possibly carry Covid back to their relative Nations from Phuket, or become seriously Ill whilst on Holiday, or possibly even spread Covid that they have Imported, and has not been detected. Etc.

Then the Game has been Lost.

But the aftermath of the failure will not just be felt in the short term by Thailand, but could obliterate the whole Tourism Industry for a number of Years until trust in the capability of Thailand to be honest and open about such matters as Tourist Safety Etc is regained.

A very high stakes Gamble.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for my shots starting in October! I can't control vaccine compliance,by others !

2 to 3 weeks after my second shot ,its off to the beach, for this Issaner

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1