Shaving !

Always wearing a mask when I'm out has changed my shaving habits. I no longer see the point of shaving just to go to the supermarket like I did in the days before Covid. Being at home a lot more is another excuse for shaving less regularly. 

I currently own a job lot of Watson's 5 bladed razors which I bought  when they were selling them off for less than half price. Not the best but they work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, faraday said:

I use Barbasol cream shave - Tesco's 179 bt.

IMG_20210618_084822.png

I used to buy Gillette foam but discovered another brand in Tesco that I tried as it was on offer and I find it much thicker creamier and therefore lasts twice as long. Cost 99bt lasts me a couple of months.

• Like 2

funny that I am reading this.

I have just finished shaving my head with my wireless shaver and my top lip with a very good Japanese disposable.

I also shaved my nether regions this morning as the wife has been complaining for weeks.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

My wife always just use a very lathery hand soap ????

Yeah...I just normally use whatever soap I have on hand. I buy really good natural soaps from the local night market...coconut/mango/etc and they work up a great lather.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Got myself a Chinese rip of a famous German razor, Merker Futur for $10.

100 blades another $10, I use about 5 blades a year, shave around 3x a week.

Foam is too expensive, soap and a brush ....... soap lasts more than a year.

Works a treat and costs almost nothing.

Electric always burned my skin.

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32791325508.html

merkur-futur-safety-razor-polished-chrome_592x760.jpg

I use the original and an other slightly more agressive razor. I like them both but i do cut myself at times especially as im an inpatient guy.

But i saved tons of money compared to Gillette and often shaves better too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WineOh said:

funny that I am reading this.

I have just finished shaving my head with my wireless shaver and my top lip with a very good Japanese disposable.

I also shaved my nether regions this morning as the wife has been complaining for weeks.

Good for you but for that lower part prefer a chemical depilatory cream as it stops hair growth for much longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Good for you but for that lower part prefer a chemical depilatory cream as it stops hair growth for much longer.

Left as nature intended, cant understand this  modern craze for baldicocks, not to be confused with Golidlocks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yeah...I just normally use whatever soap I have on hand. I buy really good natural soaps from the local night market...coconut/mango/etc and they work up a great lather.

Seems a good idea, I'll suggest she gets mango next time as I like that  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WineOh said:

any suggestions on which cream to buy mate?

Well can't remember what I first used years ago, begins with a Y I think but I still see it on the shelves, absolute <deleted> as removes next to nothing. I have tried many over the years but the only one I find works well is FEM ( Rose) an Indian product and have used it ever since. Can be a bit discomforting for a while after but gets the job done.

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

What  r u a  man or  mouse......... a  hairy  mouse at that ????

not as hairy as a rabbit though eh!

Carry on sonny jim and i'll chop thee up and make a stew out of you! ????

10 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Left as nature intended, cant understand this  modern craze for baldicocks, not to be confused with Golidlocks

Nothing to do with a modern craze in my case. Already said in another post my dislike to see beard growth. I also find under arm and pubic hair unsightly and have done for decades, not to mention a bacterial breeding ground irrespective of how many times a day your shower. But each to his own. Some Romanian women have so much under arm hair they sell it off for wigs

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1