Phuket Sandbox: Few visitors says bank's research team

webfact

Now THIS is exactly why I did not register yet for the vaccine NOR get one! I'll wait until they have their <deleted> together (which is probably never). Now there are 100s of healthcare workers in Indonesia who have been vaccinated and still have contracted the virus!!! When they figure out which one is the best and is going to work properly, then I'll get one... Hell they might even find out it is unnecessary! Who knows?  In the meantime I will just keep my head down low, wear a mask, wash my hands and be safe and not sorry... 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, inThailand said:

129,000 tourists coming or 43,000 a month for the three months. 

Even this low number seems high. Hehe! 

Yes, and Jul - Sep is not really tourist season for Thailand.

another miscalculation on 2 points

1, Many of tourists who travels are fully vaccinated. They are not happy with all the strict requirement to be in Phuket and unnecessary  expenses. Nobody will ever consider using this scheme. the number s are few or zero to none.

2. how can they say the people in Phuket are  vaccinated when the majority has only received one dosage. and I think that there is not enough for the 2nd dosage. The virus will spread because they are not fully protected, It has nothing to do with fully vaccinated people .  

It has never been proven that fully vaccinated people can carry the disease and infect others. so why in Thailand they are worry to catch the infection from fully vaccinated people? 

In reality, the government is not ready to open the country...and it is just a formality  to just add more money in the hotel business and that it shows that something is done.

It is like this . " "you go fishing with all the things you need to catch fish but use the wrong bait, you will catch no fish"

4 hours ago, Excel said:

Well to be serious I can think of a few

1) People who have families living there

2) People who have, or thought they had, a business there

3) People who bought property there many of whom at grossly inflated prices there

4) Drug dealers as it is  renowned location for freely available drugs

ok fine.. the plan will just work for the foreigners who wants to return to their place in Phuket.. but not 129,000 of them.

9 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Here is yet another deterrent to traveling to Phuket. It appears that tar balls are covering many of the beaches on the island as reported the the "Thaiger" media outlet.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/environment/tar-balls-wash-ashore-on-several-phuket-beaches 

Tar Balls.JPG

Yes, that would suck if your overpriced hotel was on a beach covered with oil.

Besides Thaiger and Manager reporting its another normal "don't say anything" classless manouver by Thai media.

The banks know what they are talking about, farangs are not going to come to Thailand if they are treated like criminals, worse, as crimals are not forced to endure unlicenced medical procedures. Sure the west is joint responsible for the Fauci-virus, but not all of us and certainly not anyone who holidays or lives in Thailand.

We are not planning a return to our home this year, not unless Taksin or someone like him takes the reigns. I will give Thailand a couple more years until it becomes another Myanmar and if they think millions of chinese tourists are a good idea, the group who spend the least amount of money, big mistake.

Belt and Road will happen next and then well "they think it is all over.....it is now!!"

We are so lucky I have a second home in the sun.

Edited by AllanB

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

And there is the trouble with Vaccinated people.

Vaccinated people can get the virus, can be sick with the virus, can spread the virus, and can die from the virus.

They should be treated no differently to non vaccinated.

If you dont want PCR tests, dont travel.  Simple as that. 

Vaccinated and non-Vaccinated should all be tested by PCR the same - to stop the spread of Covid in its many variant forms.

it is just a fear but never a proven factor and quite rare to get the virus after being vaccinated.  Vaccines has an efficient window. Pfizer has a 90% efficiency.

others in the range of 60%. 

Nobody died form the virus when being injected with Pfizer or Moderna. 

If we use your point of view, the infection in  Thailand  will never go away even with vaccines.  Your opinion is not proven correct. People are spending a lot of money for the vaccines and it shows that it is working to control the infection

If you have tested negatively by the airlines to come to Thailand , you should not be quarantine or keep testing again. - waste of money 

Bottom line . "NOBODY WILL COME WITH ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS.===> DO THAILAND WANTS THE TOURISTS  BACK IN OR NOT?"  making it so restrictive is not the answer

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JCP108 said:

No. Concern about low vaccination rates in Thailand does not have anything to do with my delaying my coming to the Kingdom. I'm vaccinated and not too worried about the risk of getting seriously ill from Covid. My not coming now has to do with so many required PCR tests (at my cost and each one risking me of getting a false positive and ending up with a useless 14-day hospital stay), possibly having to wear a gps wrist bracelet, and being tracked by an app that also could be hacked and expose my personal data. If you want me, and other tourists, to come, just let vaccinated people come there with little hassles. 

welcome to the free world ????

4 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Vaccinated people can get the virus, can be sick with the virus, can spread the virus, and can die from the virus.

Vaccinated and non-Vaccinated should all be tested by PCR the same - to stop the spread of Covid in its many variant forms.

So what is the point of being vaccinated? 

• Like 1

With the curve not flattening at all here, and new clusters emerging, it is the foreign tourist who is at risk here. The Thais have a far greater chance of an infection than from one of their own, than from a foreign tourist, who has been fully vaccinated with a quality vaccine (as opposed to the Sinojunk), and tested negative. 

So, what gives? There should be no restrictions, rather than this draconian BS, which will whittle down the number who come to a few thousand, over the entire summer. 

Just more hubris from the wrecking crew. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What’s most discerning is being a fully vaccinated foreigner counts for nothing...yet, all these requirements in place as they cite their own low vaccination rates....

As they say, speaking out of both sides of their mouth....can’t have both ways....

The vaccination should protect you against serious illness, but not necessarily those around you. A vaccinated person can still be infected and infect others. It may be a lower viral load dose shared, but the impact of the vaccine on the transmission of new variants is unknown. In plain language, would you want to be the Typhoid Mary of Phuket? Much of Phuket  is still not fully dosed and there is no evidence yet that the vaccine from China Thailand is using is effective against the new variant. The Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine is indicated as preventing serious illness, but the full efficacy is not known at this time.

The takeaway  is that your vaccination helps but don't assume you are fully protected or that you may not present ta risk to those who are not vaccinated.

11 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What’s most discerning is being a fully vaccinated foreigner counts for nothing...yet, all these requirements in place as they cite their own low vaccination rates....

As they say, speaking out of both sides of their mouth....can’t have both ways....

I think the only effective vaccines are the Pfizer and  Moderna..Chinese and AZ are not effective.

Latest news  from the Internet

"Costa Rica said Wednesday that will not purchase the Sinovac vaccine from China. - Some places using China's other vaccine - Sinopharm - have had unexpected surges in virus cases." 

Bottom line, they should allowed tourists vaccinated with Pfizer and Moderna  only into the country with no quarantine. They are 90% efficient

16 hours ago, JCP108 said:

No. Concern about low vaccination rates in Thailand does not have anything to do with my delaying my coming to the Kingdom. I'm vaccinated and not too worried about the risk of getting seriously ill from Covid. My not coming now has to do with so many required PCR tests (at my cost and each one risking me of getting a false positive and ending up with a useless 14-day hospital stay), possibly having to wear a gps wrist bracelet, and being tracked by an app that also could be hacked and expose my personal data. If you want me, and other tourists, to come, just let vaccinated people come there with little hassles. 

Yes agree. A friend was recently forced into a 14 hospital stay after a "positive" Covid test even though he felt fine and never developed any symptoms.  It all looks like a money grab.  What happened to the 7 days quarantine if you were vaccinated? Now 14? They sabotage their own ideas. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sambum said:

Or the submarines!

They are patrolling all those trying to escape Phuket....

It's a torpedo up the <deleted> if you are a naughty boy*

*no jokes about ladyboys please

Edited by Chelseafan

9 hours ago, mogandave said:

The tests are pretty cheap and if you get a false positive you would just re-test. 

All references I have seen of people testing pos then having to go to the hospital have said that they had to do 14 days there even with a subsequent negative test. Do you know of cases where they actually let the person back out of the hospital after re-testing?

9 hours ago, Donaldo said:

So, then why get vaccinated ? Why all the pressure and coercion to inject yourself with an experimental and unproven vaccination that on top of all doesn't work  ? I will pass and take my chances. And if that means no travel, so be it. At least my carbon footprint will decrease considerably.

"Experimental and unproven"? Where have you been hiding this year? These vaccines must be some of the most proven around with millions of doses given over many months. 

"doesn't work"? Whatever you are smoking, it really has dulled your brain. They work extremely well and that is beyond doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

The tourist trade media is ridiculing the sandbox... How dare they... lol... enjoy

The comments attached to the article are gold... much better than here...

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/06/17/summer-sand-ankle-bracelets-phuket-readies-for-opening-with-even-more-restrictions-including-facial-detection/?omhide=true

Edited by Saddic

7 hours ago, the green light said:

It has never been proven that fully vaccinated people can carry the disease and infect others. so why in Thailand they are worry to catch the infection from fully vaccinated people? 

To me, common sense tells me if vaccinated people can become infected, they can also spread. Although at a lower rate.

2 hours ago, the green light said:

I think the only effective vaccines are the Pfizer and  Moderna..Chinese and AZ are not effective.

"Costa Rica said Wednesday that will not purchase the Sinovac vaccine from China. - Some places using China's other vaccine - Sinopharm - have had unexpected surges in virus cases." 

Bottom line, they should allowed tourists vaccinated with Pfizer and Moderna  only into the country with no quarantine. They are 90% efficient

AZ has been proven just as effective in the UK. Don't just look at the trial results to judge how well they work as each vaccine was trialled differently. 

Much better to look at results found when used on the general public, especially for the new variants. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Excel said:

1) People who have families living there

3) People who bought property there many of whom at grossly inflated prices there

I haven't seen my wife for 17 months.

She is worried Philippine will open before Thailand.      Hahahhahahahahah  <read between the lines>

17 hours ago, Cranky said:

Covid or not. Who wants to go to Phuket in rainy season. 

Who wants to go at any time.

It was okay more than twenty years ago but now overpriced and over rated and the rip off capital of Thailand.

Much nicer places to visit.

6 hours ago, the green light said:

I wouldn’t have anything from China injected into my body either but you are wrong about AZ.

Have a look at information from countries where they know what they are talking about, I wouldn’t hold up Costa Rica as the flagship on advice about vaccines.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RR2020 said:

The level of ignorance in that comment 'they should be treated no differently to non vaccinated' is breathtaking. Can’t grasp the concept of comparative risk ? ????