Phuket Sandbox: Few visitors says bank's research team

webfact

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Do you mean comparative hypocrisy ?

Lockdown - every life must be saved - scary Covid kills so many - lockdown - lockdown

After getting vaccinated - I dont care anymore, I am alright Jack.  Some people dying is ok, who cares, not me, I am vaccinated and so the risk is small, but if you die........tough........acceptable risk now mate......I am vaccinated and special !!!  Its your tough luck if you die due to my "acceptable risk".

Yep..........vaccinated people are now the biggest hypocrites out there.

It’s even worse than I thought. Incomprehensible garbled nonsense.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, sammieuk1 said:

How's  the lunar landing going don't here much about it anymore ????

I know. I'm stressed about that too. I was planning to go somewhat near Bangkok to observe the launch from the stadium.

The delay may be due to extending it to a Mars landing to leapfrog other space exploration countries.

Or as I've long suspected, they are adding a Sun landing to the mission.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:04 AM, RR2020 said:

And there is the trouble with Vaccinated people.

Vaccinated people can get the virus, can be sick with the virus, can spread the virus, and can die from the virus.

They should be treated no differently to non vaccinated.

If you dont want PCR tests, dont travel.  Simple as that. 

Vaccinated and non-Vaccinated should all be tested by PCR the same - to stop the spread of Covid in its many variant forms.

I'm not advocating for zero PCR tests. I do want to point out that as you add additional tests, you might catch more cases. But, you definitely add the consequences of getting false positive results. PCR tests have a false positive rate at 1/200. So, having to get three tests during quarantine means each person has a 1/67 chance of geting a false positive and ending up with a mandatory 14-day hospital stay even though they aren't actually infected. If the sandbox were to be as successful as they hope (will not be the case), 10,000 people will come each month, get the three tests, and the false positive rate of those tests would predict that about 150 not-infected people would be admitted each and every week to the hospital. Can the local hospitals handle an extra 150 people coming in for a two-week stay on top of whatever other actual illnesses they are treating? Should those 150 be put through that? Or, could there be a way to balance health safety with avoiding undue burden on local medical resources and unnecessary misery for travelers?

19 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Thailand is desperate for tourists , they should be jumping through hoops to welcome us rather than the other way around !

I always feel welcome. Have you thought about wearing a shirt and shoes next time you come?

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I always feel welcome. Have you thought about wearing a shirt and shoes next time you come?

I know exactly what you mean, the standards of dress have declined over the years, I have traveled a lot both working and holidays but Im always dressed smart never in my life have I gone out without my shirt not being ironed, and I've never owned a beer chang t-shirt 

I forgot to add I always wear a nice pair of shoes cleaned and polished 

Edited by ChipButty

if the concept behind testing is  to locate and isolate those who are positive and  spreading the virus then why only  test the vaccinated visitor 3 times in two weeks, shouldnt they test the non vaccinated local 3 times every two weeks  also? ,its a money grab

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:31 AM, JCP108 said:

No. Concern about low vaccination rates in Thailand does not have anything to do with my delaying my coming to the Kingdom. I'm vaccinated and not too worried about the risk of getting seriously ill from Covid. My not coming now has to do with so many required PCR tests (at my cost and each one risking me of getting a false positive and ending up with a useless 14-day hospital stay), possibly having to wear a gps wrist bracelet, and being tracked by an app that also could be hacked and expose my personal data. If you want me, and other tourists, to come, just let vaccinated people come there with little hassles. 

If thaivisa wanted to do a public service ......... they could just forward this to the appropriate ministries................ all 400 of them

• Thanks 1