Prachuap: Local official died of lung infection after recovering from Covid-19

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on the death of a Prachuap Khiri Khan registration department official who died of a serious lung infection after recovering from Covid-19.

Wannee Khongthong, 57, based at the Muang district office, caught Covid along with two colleagues after visiting bedridden people in the area to help them with registration and benefits matters. 

She spend three days in hospital in April then until the end of that month she was quarantined at a field hospital in the Prachuap Sam Ao Hotel. 

After recovering she went back to work but on May 27th she started getting a fever. This time she was negative for Covid but ultimately had an infection in both her lungs that caused her to only have 20% of her breathing capacity.

She was placed on a respirator but died yesterday evening. 

Funeral bathing rites are being held for her until Monday at Wat Koh Lak in Muang district. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-18

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

So was this classified as a covid related death? It should be. If in the UK it would have been.

I was thinking the same.

I know a man , who sadly is about to die, who had Covid, was put on a ventilator for over a month. Eventually he was tested negative, moved out of ICU, but developed inflammation of the lungs.

We were discussing yesterday whether this will be registered as Covid related or not. My Thai friend thinks it will.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

So was this classified as a covid related death? It should be. If in the UK it would have been.

Yes , I agree. I think now that the number of deaths in the UK are relatively low, the government should be forced each day to give details of every death. ie died of cancer with covid, died heart attack with covid, died obesity with covied, died run over by a bus with covid, 110 year old diedold age with covid

Its about time they gave us more detailed information to see exactly what people in the covid deaths column are actually dying of for us to make decisions rather than lumping them all together

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes , I agree. I think now that the number of deaths in the UK are relatively low, the government should be forced each day to give details of every death. ie died of cancer with covid, died heart attack with covid, died obesity with covied, died run over by a bus with covid, 110 year old diedold age with covid

Its about time they gave us more detailed information to see exactly what people in the covid deaths column are actually dying of for us to make decisions rather than lumping them all together

Was the individual wearing a mask when run over by the bus , all valid points 

20 hours ago, BusyB said:

I would hope so ... ventilation is a pretty serious and potentially damaging invasion of the body, and usually needs extended care after removal - sometimes for months. 

I read somewhere (I know, I know ... but it was a serious journal) that a need for ventilation under any circumstances leaves a person vulnerable to early death for the following 5 years.

Just found a study saying 21 day ventilation - mortality rate 52% in the following year.

Yes, I read something similar recently.

Anyway, the doctors confirmed yesterday that when he dies (and sadly it will be very soon), the death will NOT be recorded as Covid related. "He has been cured of Covid".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petedk said:

Yes, I read something similar recently.

Anyway, the doctors confirmed yesterday that when he dies (and sadly it will be very soon), the death will NOT be recorded as Covid related. "He has been cured of Covid".

A bit like if you die after being taken to hospital after a traffic accident you're not a road traffic fatality ...

• Like 1