420,000 more vaccine doses allocated to Bangkok, postponed appointments prioritised

webfact

2B70D0EE-216A-4AAD-85EC-88C098DAD032.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has been allocated 420,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, in addition to about 500,000 doses previously provided, according to the BMA’s health office yesterday (Thursday).

Priority is being given to people aged at least 60 and those with any of seven specified diseases, whose appointments,between June 14th and 30th, were postponed due to insufficient doses. The vaccination campaign targets those who registered through the “Mor Prom” app and some of those who registered on the “Thai Ruam Jai” website.

35,000 additional bottles of AstraZeneca vaccine have been allocated to the BMA, which contain 350,000 to 420,000 doses. The vaccine is being distributed to 126 hospitals in Bangkok.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/420000-more-vaccine-doses-allocated-to-bangkok-postponed-appointments-prioritised/

Logo-top-.png

My wifes daughter got her her first dose (in Bangkok) now has to wait 12 weeks for the second one , just a joke in how the Government is dealing with the vaccinations .

Edited by keith101

55 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I have no respect for these racist people and I have even less respect for my own government which refuses to help us!

Get on a plane and fly back to get a flipping vaccine then. Your Government will take care of you there.

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I have no respect for these racist people and I have even less respect for my own government which refuses to help us!

Well I agree but although like you I have no respect for the UK government what the British Embassy has issued with their sloopy shoulder approach, evasive responses etc then I now  just despise them. A UK tax payer all my life, and still am,  that provides for the benefit of these people to be here yet they behave like this towards us, disgusting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yes. Imagine the uproar if Thai's or asians were discriminated against in this way in the UK.

In the UK I think you will find it was based on age - starting I believe with the over 80's & slowly worked through the age ranges & job spec, ie nurses, Dr's , Police, Firemen/women, carers etc etc, my Thai daughter in law In her early 40's has been jabbed along with every other person in her age group whether black, yellow, white, light brown, man, woman, straight, gay, non identified or blue with pink spots.

Just a shame Thailand is so xenophobic, "Thai only, Thai only" stuff the expats, we don't care how old or sick you maybe or how long or how much you spend "Thai only, Thai only".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

In the UK I think you will find it was based on age - starting I believe with the over 80's & slowly worked through the age ranges & job spec, ie nurses, Dr's , Police, Firemen/women, carers etc etc, my Thai daughter in law In her early 40's has been jabbed along with every other person in her age group whether black, yellow, white, light brown, man, woman, straight, gay, non identified or blue with pink spots.

Just a shame Thailand is so xenophobic, "Thai only, Thai only" stuff the expats, we don't care how old or sick you maybe or how long or how much you spend "Thai only, Thai only".

Sorry, rant not posted at you but more against the racist system here, initially got the wrong end of the stick ????

Thailand intervac has not been working for the last few days.   I am inching closer closer to getting on the airplane.  Vaccination for foreigners has not been mentioned in the press for the last few days.  Western embassies are doing nothing.   It's all in the hands of Thailand's leadership which is saying nothing about vaccinating foreigners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

On yer bike, Noddy. Plenty of jabs for you back in Blighty. 

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

My wifes daughter got her her first dose (in Bangkok) now has to wait 12 weeks for the second one , just a joke in how the Government is dealing with the vaccinations .

No, that's OK. The interval should be 8-12 weeks. After 12 weeks AZ is very effective. 

• Like 1

I'm 81, US citizen, appointment for next Tuesday 22nd @ MedPark Hospital Rama 4 Road, not cancelled yet, I'll post on one or two forums how it goes, good bad ugly. My impression is that their site worked, was open, till they reached their allocations, then one could no longer log in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Get on a plane and fly back to get a flipping vaccine then. Your Government will take care of you there.

If it was just that easy getting to your home country ie The UK, then getting back to Thailand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If it was just that easy getting to your home country ie The UK, then getting back to Thailand.

I can get on a flight to the UK tomorrow, why can you not? Whats the big problem flying back to the UK?

Getting back here might not be great fun- but many people are doing it, its just a bit of a hassle.

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I can get on a flight to the UK tomorrow, why can you not? Whats the big problem flying back to the UK?

Getting back here might not be great fun- but many people are doing it, its just a bit of a hassle.

The problem is not flying back to the UK, it's the hoop jumping you have to go through to get on the plane.

Look at it this way, if I have to go to the UK quickly, ie a bereavement, could I just travel to Bangkok and buy a plane ticket without all the hassle and costs of virus tests, any proof of quarantine in the UK etc? You know, the way it was before the virus came?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The problem is not flying back to the UK, it's the hoop jumping you have to go through to get on the plane.

Look at it this way, if I have to go to the UK quickly, ie a bereavement, could I just travel to Bangkok and buy a plane ticket without all the hassle and costs of virus tests, any proof of quarantine in the UK etc? You know, the way it was before the virus came?

I believe flying to the UK you need a covid test not less than 72 hours before departure. Not ideal but hardly a major inconvenience given you will be flying from BKK anyway. Sure its a bit inconvenient but there is a global pandemic raging. If you dont want to go through the hoops of flying back, just wait to get one here- looks like thing are starting to finally move in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I believe flying to the UK you need a covid test not less than 72 hours before departure. Not ideal but hardly a major inconvenience given you will be flying from BKK anyway. Sure its a bit inconvenient but there is a global pandemic raging. If you dont want to go through the hoops of flying back, just wait to get one here- looks like thing are starting to finally move in the right direction.

I would agree with what you are saying, but is that virus test the only thing? I doubt it.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I would agree with what you are saying, but is that virus test the only thing? I doubt it.

I think you might need to do some level of home quarantine for 5 days if you get another test.

Just now, smutcakes said:

I think you might need to do some level of home quarantine for 5 days if you get another test.

I want to go back to the UK, but I'm in no hurry, it is just that you said at first "all you need to do is board a plane", but I'm just saying there is a bit more to it than that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I want to go back to the UK, but I'm in no hurry, it is just that you said at first "all you need to do is board a plane", but I'm just saying there is a bit more to it than that.

Sure a little bit more, but was in response to a poster who is incandescent that the US is not organizing vaccinations for those citizens abroad. God knows how many millions that may be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, smutcakes said:

Sure a little bit more, but was in response to a poster who is incandescent that the US is not organizing vaccinations for those citizens abroad. God knows how many millions that may be.

4.8 million civilians, at the moment. The estimate does not include military, temp workers, "accidentals" ( people born to non US citizens during stays on US soil, e.g.).

Drop in the bucket for a total population of 332 million, a bit less than 1.5 %.

That would require organizing roughly 30,000 innoculations for each of the 163 diplomatic missions the US has worldwide.

?????

Edited by Kwaibill
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

4.8 million civilians, at the moment. The estimate does not include military, temp workers, "accidentals" ( people born to non US citizens during stays on US soil, e.g.).

Drop in the bucket for a total population of 332 million, a bit less than 1.5 %.

That would require organizing roughly 30,000 innoculations for each of the 163 diplomatic missions the US has worldwide.

?????

I saw a figure of 9+ million, anyway thats by the by.

Can you not comprehend how much man power, diplomatic and logistic that would take to organize?

What happens if some countries would not allow it?  You just say forget that? By the time they could organize it everyone will be jabbed anyway.

In Thailand for example how much manpower, nurses would they need to vaccinate 30,000-40,000 people? Where would they do it? Who is going to do all the administration? Its a massive massive task- i think you are underplaying how much resources it would take to do.

28 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I saw a figure of 9+ million, anyway thats by the by.

Can you not comprehend how much man power, diplomatic and logistic that would take to organize?

What happens if some countries would not allow it?  You just say forget that? By the time they could organize it everyone will be jabbed anyway.

In Thailand for example how much manpower, nurses would they need to vaccinate 30,000-40,000 people? Where would they do it? Who is going to do all the administration? Its a massive massive task- i think you are underplaying how much resources it would take to do.

Can you not comprehend that Covid is a global emergency?

The French are

doing it for their citizens in Thailand. Is the US less capable than the French?