Eight airlines given slots to fly to Krabi from end of October

webfact

000_QH7RP.jpg

Photo by LOIC VENANCE / AFP

Eight airlines have been given slots to fly into Thailand’s southern resort province of Krabi during the cold season, from October 31st to March 26th, said Director-General of Thailand’s Department of Airports (DoA) Apirat Chaiwongnoi today (Friday).

He said the requests were made during the 148th IATA Slot Conference, which was held virtually between June 15th and 17th, and the time slots have been allocated to these eight airlines.

He explained that the conference’s goal is to allow airports and airlines to discuss the allocation of slots for an airline to land and take off from a specific airport on a daily or weekly basis.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eight-airlines-given-slots-to-fly-to-krabi-from-end-of-october/

Logo-top-.png

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Eight airlines have been given slots to fly into Thailand’s southern resort province of Krabi

From the link:-

• Sichuan Airlines, four flights a week between Chengdu and Krabi.
  • Spring Airlines, three flights a week between Chengdu and Krabi and three weekly flights between Shenzhen and Krabi.
  • AirAsia Berhad, 28 flights a week between Kuala Lumpur and Krabi.
  • Finnair, three flights a week between Helsinki and Krabi.
  • Norwegian Air, one flight a week between Oslo and Krabi.
  • Shanghai Airlines, 7 flights a week between Shanghai and Krabi.
  • China Eastern Airlines, 7 flights a week on the Urumqi-Hefei-Krabi route.
  • Scoot Tigerair, 10 flights a week between Singapore and Krabi.

Please note 4 (50%) are Chinese - stock up now with prawns for the buffets!!

On 6/18/2021 at 7:31 AM, webfact said:

Eight airlines have been given slots to fly into Thailand’s southern resort province of Krabi during the cold season, from October 31st to March 26th, said Director-General of Thailand’s Department of Airports (DoA) Apirat Chaiwongnoi today (Friday

I thought they said 31 airlines the other day 

Just viewed a clip from an Airline blogger last week on youtube and to my understanding Norwegian.com was declared bankrupt. So here we go again, correct me if I'm wrong. And ...... why allow two airlines with departure from the same airport in China, it makes no sense. If that airport closes you lose 25 % of your allotment already.