Non o financial

There is no dependent extension.

I assume you are asking about a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply and then to be safe during the 30 day under consideration period you will have.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are asking about a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply and then to be safe during the 30 day under consideration period you will have.

Unless you live in Khon Kaen, where Immigration insist on 2 months before application. ????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thankyou Ubonjoe yes exactly that ,what paperwork is required as I get conflicting info from google

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, expatocean said:

Has anyone used an agent for this Visa,would you recommend using an agent?If so how much and what agent would you recommend?

Thank you

What is your current permission of stay based on.

How did you last enter Thailand. Meaning tourist visa, visa exempt etc 

Being parent Thai child there is no big need for agent. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your current permission of stay based on.

How did you last enter Thailand. Meaning tourist visa, visa exempt etc 

Being parent Thai child there is no big need for agent.

I am currently using the covid extensions,I last entered Thailand with a Non o based on being a parent of a Thai.

Thankyou for your prompt reply DrJack

4 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

Unless you live in Khon Kaen, where Immigration insist on 2 months before application. ????

Unless you are still married and living with the child's mother.

In which case they will issue the extension based on being married to a Thai lady.

Money in the bank for 2 weeks prior to application.

All normal and according to the regulations.

Edited by fishtank

18 minutes ago, expatocean said:

Thankyou Ubonjoe yes exactly that ,what paperwork is required as I get conflicting info from google

It is almost the same as applying for extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

Change marriage certificate to birth certificate and copies of the their house book registry and ID card (if any).

Here is my list for marriage. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You should check with your local immigration office as to what they require since it can vary from office.

I assume you are the legal parent of child by marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, expatocean said:

Thankyou again Ubonjoe ,yes I have I legal custody of my children but I usually do border hop and get a single entry non o now I will go down this route to secure my visa .Thankyou for your time .

Provided you have the 400K in a Thai bank, then applying for a 1 year extension of stay based being the parent of a Thai, is far less stressful than continual doing border hops to get a Non O.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

For the last 10 years I have been living & working in Thailand off annual extensions of the permission to stay on an original single entry non-B.

In the not too distant future my work will come to an end, but I will look to remain living here with my children of whom I have legal custody.

Is it a simple case to show the local immigration office the correct paperwork in support of a change of the reason why I am seeking an extension of the permission to stay or would I need to leave the country to obtain a non-O first and then submit the paperwork to the local immigration office to receive an annual extension?

34 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Is it a simple case to show the local immigration office the correct paperwork in support of a change of the reason why I am seeking an extension of the permission to stay or would I need to leave the country to obtain a non-O first and then submit the paperwork to the local immigration office to receive an annual extension?

No need to leave the country to change you extension of stay based upon working to one based upon being the parent of a Thai.

The only extra paperwork to do the change is a letter from your employer stating the date you will no longer working to have your extension canceled and then apply for the new extension.

Paperwork was similar to the marriage extension, but add the Thai kids details ID, house book, pictures together inside and outside the house with the house number, no bare chested photos of the kid as I did one year with my son by the pool, not accepted. Also as we were divorced a copy of the divorce paper and an updated version of the divorce agreement registered at the local Amphur office คร6 not คร2 . The agreement has not changed but they want a new copy stamped by the office every year.

On 6/18/2021 at 4:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

@ubonjoe I already have a marriage extension but to get another one via the 40K per month does the funds have to of gone in each and every month? or can it be the average of what has gone in over the last year? I have put much more into my BBK account but just not every single month 

2 minutes ago, Fatback said:

@ubonjoe I already have a marriage extension but to get another one via the 40K per month does the funds have to of gone in each and every month? or can it be the average of what has gone in over the last year? I have put much more into my BBK account but just not every single month 

The rules state that it can be average of 40k baht for a year but the majority of immigration offices will not accept it. They insist it must be 12 months of at least 40k baht a month transferred from abroad.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The rules state that it can be average of 40k baht for a year but the majority of immigration offices will not accept it. They insist it must be 12 months of at least 40k baht a month transferred from abroad.

Thank you