Best tasting cow's milk in Thailand?

csaba81

• 3 months later...

I'm a meiji milk man. The brand is Japanese. It does taste somewhat processed, but in a pleasant way. I can only drink beverages black if they've been sweetened, and milk smoothes them out with less downside than sugars sweetners or even honey.

Fun fact. Salt is added to almost all industrially processed milks.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, csaba81 said:

Dutch Milk

Thats my preferred brand.

The other brands taste as they've added sugar.

I get my milk at 7/11.  It's usually fresher than Big C or Tesco.

Milk is kinda pricey here.  I guess not many cows.

Edited by MrJ2U

On 6/20/2021 at 2:01 PM, JahLion said:

Interesting topic. Meiji milk is the only brand of milk which can compete with European brands. The other brands tastes quite off. Must have something to do with the local grass. 

I'm going to try Meiji next time.

Seems to be popular.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, johng said:

This one tastes  ok to me  in my cornflakes and breakfast tea.

available in BicC and Tesco'sss   maybe not 7/11

P_20181025_142820.thumb.jpg.71f71e8037bf26f040c4f1f2ef400d7f.jpg

P_20181025_142807.thumb.jpg.cc47554dada790653ad32dcc957b268f.jpg

I like that milk also.

Its sometimes harder to find in my parts of Issan.

You could say all milk produced in Thailand comes out of the same spout ,where I am in central Lopburi we have 7 milk collection centres sending over 100 ton a day to various factories in the region

Dairy farmers have no milk cooling facilities on their farm ,milk s picked up from the farm twice a day and sent to milk collection centres for cooling .

It is these collection centres that have the contracts with the milk processing factories .

A lot of members say they prefer Maiji milk or as it should be CP Maiji ,that is why it is always for sale in 7-11 ,it must be they processing method ,as they're supping farmers will  have the same rearing methods .

Someone said Chok Chai, they have they own large farm ,just south of Korat ,most of they cows are grass feed ,so they milk will be of  better quality.

Organic milk in Thailand not easy a find of mine tried it ,and he got a premium price for it as well ,but trying to find organic feed ,not easy ,he had a fertility problem with his cows due to the feed problem and is now just supping one of the local centres. 

• Like 1

Surprised Foremost hasn't received any votes.

Just FYI, it may have escaped the notice of some from the US, Canada, and Australia that Thai milk isn't fortified with Vitamins A and D, as is usually the case back home.

Edited by Gecko123

22 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The raw truth is that most of the Milk on sale in Thailand is reconstituted Milk Powder.

There is very little actual "Fresh Milk "

Of the Milks that are available, the one that looks like a Freasians Skin, and Magnolia seem to be about the best of them.

I heard that was the case say 20 years ago......but read somewhere 10+ years ago that that's changed. Foremost advertises as 'made from 100% real cow's milk'.....whatever that might mean

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

I heard that was the case say 20 years ago......but read somewhere 10+ years ago that that's changed. Foremost advertises as 'made from 100% real cow's milk'.....whatever that might mean

It means made from Milk Powder.

You cannot " Make Milk ". Its a natural product, and as such to be Natural, it should only be Pasteurized to remove Bacteria Etc

However, Natural Milk has a very short shelf life, specially in a Hot Climate such as Thailands, and is bulky and expensive to Transport.

Milk Powder has a long shelf live, and is easily Transported. Even when it has to be Imported

Just add Water at the Journeys end to reconstitute into Milk

Various other things may have to be added as most of the good stuff in the Milk is lost in the Process of turning it into Powder.

• Like 1