PCR-TEST swab or saliva

MICHAELDUTCH

I not know where to put this question about Rt-PCR Testing entering Thailand

WHICH TEST is needed for Thailand flying with Qatar Air

PCR TEST swab
In a PCR polymerase chain reaction test, a swab of mucus is taken from the nose and throat with a cotton swab.

Saliva
including international travel certificate in English

OR 

It is also possible with us to take the PCR test using saliva. Then NO swabs are used. ?

Sorry if wrong Topic

The Covid-19 RT PCR test is designed to take swabs from the back of the throat and from the back of the nasal cavity. 

If a health care professional administers the test they will do so as directed. 

However, if you have a home test kid to self administer you can do what you want with it, which is a weakness in the self test system.

But, in not administering the test correctly i.e. putting saliva into a cup and then putting the saliva on the swab there is a risk of an inconclusive result.

Its best to carry out the test as accurately as possible to avoid having to re-take the test.

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, in not administering the test correctly i.e. putting saliva into a cup and then putting the saliva on the swab there is a risk of an inconclusive result.

Same with the PCR test.  Considering there are no globally accepted standards for PCR cycle counts, there is a (significant) risk of an inconclusive (false-positive) result.

The CDC recommends a cycle count of 28 for vaccinated people.  But that's the problem.  For vaccinated people.  So they themselves openly promote using non-standard cycle counts: one CT for vaccinated, and another for unvaccinated.
That's manipulating the outcomes.  Purposefully.  It's unethical.  And the fact is that labs world-wide to set the cycle count to anything.  Which is unreliable. 

The cycle-count should be set to 28 as a global standard for everyone.
But without a standard cycle-count?  There is too much risk to travel to Thailand imho.

1 hour ago, CALSinCM said:

Same with the PCR test.  Considering there are no globally accepted standards for PCR cycle counts, there is a (significant) risk of an inconclusive (false-positive) result.

The CDC recommends a cycle count of 28 for vaccinated people.  But that's the problem.  For vaccinated people.  So they themselves openly promote using non-standard cycle counts: one CT for vaccinated, and another for unvaccinated.
That's manipulating the outcomes.  Purposefully.  It's unethical.  And the fact is that labs world-wide to set the cycle count to anything.  Which is unreliable. 

The cycle-count should be set to 28 as a global standard for everyone.
But without a standard cycle-count?  There is too much risk to travel to Thailand imho.

I would like a reference or citation for these claims that you make, as they seem a bit nonsensical at first glance.

Firstly the quantitative PCR method used to detect  a positive or negative result is not based on a fixed number of cycles being defined.

Without going into too much detail: all samples are run for ~45 cycles, with a positive control standard (known RNA representing viral sequences) and a negative control (water). After the run curves are  drawn and a horizontal threshold line is drawn across joining where all the curves start to become exponential [see fig. below]. A positive result is when any sample crosses this threshold before 40 cycles.

reference from cdc https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

This being the case I find it hard to see how the cdc could recommend  a fixed number of cycles for any samples, from vaccinated people or not

If you can point to a reference or citation, [for example you might be referring to a completely different RT-PCR test that I'm unaware of] I  will quite happily admit that I am mistaken.

PCR.png