Kasikorn K-eSavings and CIMB Chill D Accounts

Anyone have any info regarding these accounts?  They both seem like excellent deals although the high interest is at relatively low deposit levels.  

I am concerned about:

1) any unexpected fees, withdrawal, or transfer issues 

2) will presenting a Thai Tax ID card stop the bank from withholding tax

3) ease of opening account (I have a retirement visa and Thai driver's license)

Googling around it appears that there is a CIMB branch on on 3rd Road near Soi Lengkee in Pattaya.  Are there other branches in Pattaya?

The K-Esaving you can only open with a Thai ID (LaserID needed).

Additionally you could open more than 1 of this accounts, if you are Thai!

As other alternative there is the SCB which have something similar with a limit to 2 million baht. same interest 1.5%.

About Tax, why you care? you can ask this tax back at the begin of the next year... many on this forum do this.. myself have done this for 3-4 years already without problems.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.   ????

15 hours ago, HampiK said:

The K-Esaving you can only open with a Thai ID (LaserID needed).

OK, then this is out assuming my Thai Drivers license doesn't count.

As other alternative there is the SCB which have something similar with a limit to 2 million baht. same interest 1.5%.

Are you referring to the Jad-Tem account or something else?

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/deposits/savings-account/jad-tem-account.html

About Tax, why you care? you can ask this tax back at the begin of the next year... many on this forum do this.. myself have done this for 3-4 years already without problems.

I've also done so including my most recent tax return though I still haven't received my refund despite three trips to the Revenue Office  It's easier if the tax is not withheld in the first place especially if I'm not in Thailand during the the filing or receiving period.

I will probably be in Thailand.  My accounts are set up so there is no longer withholding from Krungsri, Kasikorn, and Bangkok Bank.   I prefer to avoid a situation where I have to file to get back a relatively small amount of money.

I'm quite happy with my Krungsri Mee Tai Dai account but it would probably be prudent not to have more than 1 million baht in any institution starting August.

2 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Thanks for the info.   ????

OK, then this is out assuming my Thai Drivers license doesn't count.

Are you referring to the Jad-Tem account or something else?

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/deposits/savings-account/jad-tem-account.html

I've also done so including my most recent tax return though I still haven't received my refund despite three trips to the Revenue Office  It's easier if the tax is not withheld in the first place especially if I'm not in Thailand during the the filing or receiving period.

I will probably be in Thailand.  My accounts are set up so there is no longer withholding from Krungsri, Kasikorn, and Bangkok Bank.   I prefer to avoid a situation where I have to file to get back a relatively small amount of money.

I'm quite happy with my Krungsri Mee Tai Dai account but it would probably be prudent not to have more than 1 million baht in any institution starting August.

About the Tax return you can fill out everything online.. even the documents to prove TAX you can now upload online.. no trips to tax office required! Before I always had to go Tax Revenue office to give them my documents as they wanted the prove.. but this year was first time I also could upload this with the Tax Form together. And I had my money back about 3 weeks after fill out the tax-form.

For the SCB account it's EZ Savings Account (scb.co.th)

And yes the driver License is not enough even the PINK ID not will work for this.. you need to have the blue Thai ID!

Hope this helps....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shortstop2 said:

This account looks good, thanks!

This account is available to farang on retirement visas, right?   

This account can be opened at a SCB branch, not just online, right?

Can anyone recommend a customer friendly SCB branch in Pattaya?

Yes it's available to foreigners. But, as always it depends maybe on the branch or more on the person you talk to.

As I not have this account myself (but a friend of mine has that one). I am not sure if you can open the account in the branch or you need to have a standard saving account first and then probably open these account in the SCB Banking app..

With Pattaya I can't help, there are others which have knowledge in this area.. but I would recommend to ask the one in Central Plaza, as in shopping centers (in Bangkok) I always was most lucky with opening accounts with different banks.

• Like 1

2. Savings Account
Savings E PASSBOOK Exclude Savings Account opening via SCB Easy application or SCB Easy Net excepting EZ Saving and Savings E PassBook (Online Account).
Savings E PASSBOOK 0.50 - - - - - - - - - - - -
Basic Banking Account E PASSBOOK 0.25 - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jak Jai Account E PASSBOOK 0.40 - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jad-Tem Account E PASSBOOK
Up to Baht 100,000
(A) 0.25 - - - - - - - - - - - -
More than Baht 100,000 up to Baht 5,000,000
 (B) 1.00 - - - - - - - - - - - -
More than Baht 5 million
(C) 0.25 - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Average interest rate (A) = 0.25% , (B) = 0.25% - 0.99%
(C) = 0.25% - 0.99%
EZ Savings ( E PASSBOOK) (Account opening via every channels) / Savings E PassBook (Online Account) for new customers to open first deposit account with SCB
Up to Baht 2,000,000 1.50 - - - - - - - - - - - -
More than Baht 2,000,000 0.50 - - - - - - - - - - - -
 * Average interest rate 0.50% - 1.50%

The EZ Savings seems much better than the other SCB E Passbook accounts.    Just wondering why any individual would open E Passbook accounts with SCB other than EZ Savings?   Are the fees different?   

On 6/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, shortstop2 said:

Opened the account there today, thanks!  ????

Congrats! Out of curiosity, did you need any other documents besides your passport, such as a residence certificate from immigration?

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Congrats! Out of curiosity, did you need any other documents besides your passport, such as a residence certificate from immigration?

At my branch all I needed was my passport with the appropriate visa.  I have an O Retirement visa.  Not sure what the visa requirements are.

As there is no passbook, not sure if this account can be used for Immigration income verification.

• Thanks 1