How to satisfy the PCR test before arrival at the sandbox???

JCP108

I'm in the U.S. where PCR tests take one to four days to get the results. The current version of the sandbox rules says one has to have a test "within 72 hours of arrival" in Phuket. Given my location and the time between boarding my first flight and actually arriving in Phuket, that would take at least 30 hours. So, that leaves me 42 hours within which I would have to have a test. But, my experience (with friends and family members who have had the tests here), is that the time between the swab and getting the results is anywhere from 24 to 96 hours. How does the Thai government expect me to time my pre-travel PCR test in order to get the results before I fly but also not have it be more than 72 hours old when I arrive?

I’ve completed 2 separate ASQ quarantines and even though it says 72 hours before departure, I’ve seen people who arrive being made to take another PCR test because the arrival time was over the 72 hours.

Fortunately for the Sandbox we will ALL have to make a PCR test upon arrival at the airport, I’ve been told we will need to wait inside our hotel room’s until the result is received (normally) 24 hours.

here is a draft waiting for approval.

Draft propsal.JPG

• Thanks 1