Astra Zeneca vaccination from Pattaya City hospital for foreigner

Swiss1960

I have read in the news as I'm pretty sure many in this forum have about 4 elderly foreign gentlemen (ages 67-80) had registered and traveled together to a particular hospital for their AZ jabs. Upon arrival to receive their jabs they were told that AZ was for "Thais ONLY" and they could only have SV. Please update all of us about "your" experience when they actually see your foreigner face.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Several first hand reports of foreigners getting AZ vaccine in Pattaya here

And no reports in that thread of what you describe.

I'm not responsible for what you or anyone else may not have read personally. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Excel said:

You say your appointment is for the 21st now.  Please update us as to how this went and good to hear that you have this opportunity for a vaccination

read para 3 of the op again

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes the Hospital really thought that John Smith, Bill Jones, & Len Brown...were just Thai names it wasn't until they saw their "Foreigner Face"....they then realized it wasn't Sumchai & family.

Give it a rest Bob..........

I will NEVER give up my ANTI-RASIUM attitude, period!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Maybe just "sweet", Jingthing, but your last sentence is important (honoring commitments), and I would take it even a step further: They are committed to vaccinate everybody, not just Thais, and with their new "energy" from the PM's open-up statement, the might really make efforts to drive the vaccination forward for everybody. 

I'll believe it when I see it dude.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Maybe just "sweet", Jingthing, but your last sentence is important (honoring commitments), and I would take it even a step further: They are committed to vaccinate everybody, not just Thais, and with their new "energy" from the PM's open-up statement, the might really make efforts to drive the vaccination forward for everybody. 

In that case why are you returning to Switzerland for your Moderna vaccination rather than staying here if you are so confident ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

In that case why are you returning to Switzerland for your Moderna vaccination rather than staying here if you are so confident ?

I have organized my travel to Switzerland around a month ago, at that time there were no such statements as from the PM about "we have to take some risks"...

2 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

I have organized my travel to Switzerland around a month ago, at that time there were no such statements as from the PM about "we have to take some risks"...

2 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Sorry that is total BS. The PM as you well know made a statement last year that all residents Thais or Foreigners would receive vaccinations. So now you must be claiming you didn't belive him then and you decided to go back to Switzerland but for everybody else they should believe him now based on his latest statement. Stinks of double standards and hypocrisy to me so how do you now justify your stance ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

Sorry that is total BS. The PM as you well know made a statement last year that all residents Thais or Foreigners would receive vaccinations. So now you must be claiming you didn't belive him then and you decided to go back to Switzerland but for everybody else they should believe him now based on his latest statement. Stinks of double standards and hypocrisy to me so how do you now justify your stance ?

I don't have to justify nothing. 
But I will explain to you, what I think is different. For months - up to the end of May this year - the government flip-flopped around, i.e. with restaurants and alcohol, and had all their chips on the royal company and the Chinese brothers, and the main goal was zero cases, as if this could eliminate the problem for Thailand. At that time, the daily mantra was "we have everything under control".

Since June, they very obviously realize that this is not going to work. They finally agree that they NEED to purchase vaccines from everybody who can deliver (i.e. the Moderna route they take now), they finally realize that they need help in vaccinating, i.e. allowing the Thonburi group or currently the Pattaya memorial to order and sell vaccines... AND the PM admits that a huge vaccination effort is needed for a swift opening up in October, as otherwise the country will go down even more and people are going to starve to death due to lack of work and money. Even two months ago, such statements were unthinkable, but not reality has catched up with the PM. Admitting that NOT everything is under control is a HUGE admission for this PM

Edit to add: There is even a royally led University that publicly admonished the government when they said that they are going to buy vaccines from abroad around the government.  A PM can't get his a$$ kicked harder I think. 

Edited by Swiss1960

Just now, Swiss1960 said:

I don't have to justify nothing. 
But I will explain to you, what I think is different. For months - up to the end of May this year - the government flip-flopped around, i.e. with restaurants and alcohol, and had all their chips on the royal company and the Chinese brothers, and the main goal was zero cases, as if this could eliminate the problem for Thailand. At that time, the daily mantra was "we have everything under control".

Since June, they very obviously realize that this is not going to work. They finally agree that they NEED to purchase vaccines from everybody who can deliver (i.e. the Moderna route they take now), they finally realize that they need help in vaccinating, i.e. allowing the Thonburi group or currently the Pattaya memorial to order and sell vaccines... AND the PM admits that a huge vaccination effort is needed for a swift opening up in October, as otherwise the country will go down even more and people are going to starve to death due to lack of work and money. Even two months ago, such statements were unthinkable, but not reality has catched up with the PM. Admitting that NOT everything is under control is a HUGE admission for this PM

Lets clarify one thing and I have simplified the answer required.  Last year the PM stated that all residents, Thai or Foreigners would receive a vaccine. Did you believe him then or not ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

His statement at that time was an empty shell without timeline, without decisions about vaccines, without priorities given... so there was nothing to "believe" or "not believe"

Ahh think that illustrates my point all too clearly to others . Amazing the level of hypocrisy shown when on an anonymous  forum isn't it, have you noticed that ?

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Swiss1960 said:

Is "hypocrisy" a word you just found in a dictionary by accident, or do you know what it means?

I clearly stated that I made my decision to go to Switzerland before the latest developments in June happened. I clearly do NOT tell ANYBODY to do or not do something (which would be the basis of you accusing me of hypocrisy).

ALL I say is that the development of this month make me more confident, that Thailand has learned something and is now trying to change course. If you don't believe that, I don't care, that is up to you.

And that is the end of my trying to explain something to you. You are obviously very frustrated and you are looking for someone to act out your mood on. Please look further.

Oh dear seems  like being exposed has touched a raw nerve, Never mind you too are on ignore  now. I just hope that by deliberating registering for a vaccine in Pattaya knowing full well you were going to Switzerland did not deprive a more critical aged person of that opportunity. bye

• Haha 1

So with a pink id card and a morom app you can get a shot of Astra Zenneca if you are in Pattaya.

However if you are in Khon Kaen where two have sadly died today from covid and you are over 60 and have a few other high risk ailments and you dont have either an app or a pink id card and cannot register with Intervac ..............how do you get a vaccine without waiting to October to pay the 4k at a private hospital?

Can you simply turn up at the hospital in the newly opened covid free sandbox Pattaya and as a farang get a vaccine?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sapson said:

So with a pink id card and a morom app you can get a shot of Astra Zenneca if you are in Pattaya.

However if you are in Khon Kaen where two have sadly died today from covid and you are over 60 and have a few other high risk ailments and you dont have either an app or a pink id card and cannot register with Intervac ..............how do you get a vaccine without waiting to October to pay the 4k at a private hospital?

Can you simply turn up at the hospital in the newly opened covid free sandbox Pattaya and as a farang get a vaccine?

Well do not know the answer to that but all I can say a friend of my wife who is Thai can not.

9 minutes ago, sapson said:

The Mor Phrom app with the pink ID card is not an option anymore, unfortunately. 

There is not sandbox model for Pattaya at this time and there can not be one for quite some time, as vaccination is only now starting in earnest.
The latest I heard out of Pattaya City Hall (my lawyer goes there frequently) is that Chonburi province is preparing the registration process for foreigners and it should be coming soon... but this is just hearsay, no proof.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You asked for updates on people's experiences.

I referred you to a thread which has same.

Pretty safe bet these foreigners who got vaccinated in Pattaya were not disguised as Thais at the time.

I asked the OP to share his experience of what happens, not yours, no one else.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

The Mor Phrom app with the pink ID card is not an option anymore, unfortunately. 

There is not sandbox model for Pattaya at this time and there can not be one for quite some time, as vaccination is only now starting in earnest.
The latest I heard out of Pattaya City Hall (my lawyer goes there frequently) is that Chonburi province is preparing the registration process for foreigners and it should be coming soon... but this is just hearsay, no proof.

Hey, that's literally hearsay, but I'm not knocking it. At this point we're lucky to even get some juicy hearsay.

Remember the good old days of "official" announcements from the CCSA that mentioned vaccines for foreigners. Well, it's been crickets on that subject lately from them. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

So I guess that Pattaya/Banglamung are really serious about going forward with vaccinating everybody, no matter Thai or foreigner.

A bit of a leap that, just because you got called in for a vaccination it must mean that every foreigner in Pattaya will soon be vaccinated.

• Thanks 1