LazMall, Authorized Store, Flagship Store - what is it all about?

OneMoreFarang

I want to buy a new phone and I am looking at the options on Lazada.

Obviously it's nice to get a good price but I think it's also important to buy it from a reliable shop.

So if a seller is new and has no rating at all then I wouldn't buy anything from such a shop.

And then there are LazMall, Authorized Store, Flagship Store and maybe other categories. What is that all about?

Are these shop always better than others? Is an Authorized Store somehow better than a Flagship Store or the other way around?

I am confused. Any ideas?

This is a general question about those shop categories, not just about mobile phones.

AutoStore.png.ac82992d711c736cca450564545cd588.png

FlagShipStore.png.b2e6ee78d9b9d958a4f7e86ac9cdf6dc.png

• Haha 1

For one thing, all "LazMall" purchases are fulfilled by Lazada, not a 3rd party seller.  Also, items are distributed through authorized manufacturer distributors.  This sharply reduces your chance of getting counterfeit goods.

As I understand it, an "Authorized Store" is one the local authorized distributer provides products to so again, less chance of phony goods.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From my experience, only flagship store is the store directly from manufacturer.

The other things are just marketing. For example, I bought a e-scooter for our son at a non-flagship store. Product title description clearly says Xiaomi but mixed with some thai characters at the end. Lazada approved shop with certificate for genuine products 100% or money return.

When we got the e-scooter it was obviously a good copy. How did we find out? Box looked already a bit sketchy, no Xiaomi manual and you also couldn't connect with bluetooth between scooter and app. My GF asked the shop, they said that somewhere in the article description is a disclaimer that this particular model is copy of Xiaomi but with same design and specs. Also Lazada customer service refused to return the article or refund the money.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CLW said:

Also Lazada customer service refused to return the article or refund the money.

Even within the return window? What did they say? Curious because I've generally had no problem returning even when the seller was resistant.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, Why Me said:

Even within the return window? What did they say? Curious because I've generally had no problem returning even when the seller was resistant.

I think it was too late. Thumbs up, the scooter is still strong going. Could be one of those copies that are made after the usual shifts in the same factory. Except the Bluetooth function and a QR-code sticker from Xiaomi, the scooter looks exactly the same and identical parts/design. The son is using it everyday since a few months now, all okay!

• Like 1