Storms

Lucky Bones

Near the top of Soi Khao Noi the 'Crash-Bang Wallop' was at it's zenith around 11.50.

One lightning strike seemed just yards away from the house, it was LOUD with a sizzle!! But, fair play to the leccy guys, no power outage plus no internet interruptions, so football viewing continued unaffected.  

Had thought about topping up the fish pond yesterday. now no need!!

Does Jomtien beach road become an aquarium?  Say from sois 1 through 6? How about Jomtien Second Road? Thinking of the downhill runoff from Thapphraya. 

I've never lived in Jomtien but thinking about it. I spent many years behind Big C Extra on Klang. Never a flood there but am a bit tired of the area. 

Cheers

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 AM, kotsak said:

That storm started brewing early evening near Samut Sakhon, then moved east and became wider and wider, at the end covering areas from Saraburi down to Chonburi.

Always keeping an eye on the weather radar during wet season.. ???? Got to be prepared..

https://weather.tmd.go.th/svp120.php

i was doing the same last night. 555.

It was spectacular going from cloud to cloud last night and lighting up the sky.  If my GF was not so scared and concerned that I would be electrocuted I would have taken some video to post but then she had the phones turned off and all of the appliances unplugged from the walls with the lights off as she hid under the covers........I just sat on the couch and watched the display, wished I had the music from Disney's Fantasia playing would have made a great video as well.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was spectacular going from cloud to cloud last night and lighting up the sky.  If my GF was not so scared and concerned that I would be electrocuted I would have taken some video to post but then she had the phones turned off and all of the appliances unplugged from the walls with the lights off as she hid under the covers........I just sat on the couch and watched the display, wished I had the music from Disney's Fantasia playing would have made a great video as well.

There are a few buildings with lightening rods on top and they work well. Particularly I remember being at the entrance to the Tesco Lotus store behind the Sukhumvit Numchai, watching one being hit repeatedly as I waited out a storm.... actually a few days earlier someone had been killed on a motorbike by lightening and I certainly was not going anywhere just yet. Been a weenie since we had a lightening strike in my garden, bloody scary, bloody expensive!

On 6/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, wife is the same. She hides with the cat underneath the bed while I marvel at nature. TIT!

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 AM, kotsak said:

That storm started brewing early evening near Samut Sakhon, then moved east and became wider and wider, at the end covering areas from Saraburi down to Chonburi.

Always keeping an eye on the weather radar during wet season.. ???? Got to be prepared..

https://weather.tmd.go.th/svp120.php

Spent 35 years living Wet Season cyclone country in Aust.

Radar is a must.

Sometimes being prepared and being able to do anything too much about nature is a difficult position to be in.

Cheers????

• Like 1