Shame on you Dewalt - DWE7470 Table Saw Review

Such a Hairy Guy

I learned the hard way that buying cheap is more expensive in the long run. So I dont mind saving and buy better quality. As they say "Buy once, cry once".

Since I've been impressed with the quality of Dewalt tools and was in need of a table saw, I thought I would naturally buy a table saw from them. What could go wrong?

Since I saw so many positive reviews about the DWE7485 with the ratchet side guide i wanted to buy that one. But not available on Lazada so I bought the DWE7470 instead.

I knew something was wrong as soon as I received it. It weighted nothing. I opened the box and everything was flimsy plastic, flop all over and took forever to square  the side guide. Blade adjustment is not square. I should have returned it.

The Dewalt name should never have been applied to this tool. A Stanley at best. It feels like a cheap knock-off. Should have bought a Xylon instead for half the price. 

Shame on you Dewalt!

You think that counterfeits don't copy brands?

Why would Dewalt use a different motor because it is Asia?

The motor itself is very heavy.

The table is very heavy.

There is a reason why it is heavy if you understand what a tablesaw is used for? or maybe this is your first one?

Very possible the OP bought a genuine DeWALT DWE7470 table saw. I've sold a dozen or so. I sure tried to get folks to compare that table saw to the two Bosch table saws sold in Thailand the past six years. Money impacts many purchase choices, but the customer satisfaction from the Bosch table saw buyers was FAR higher than DeWALT. The Stanley table saw sold in Thailand is not even close to the DeWALT, but it is significantly less money. I believe a good team setting up a tablesaw makes the purchase go better for any end user. If budget was a concern I would show people scheppach Table saw. Both brands had a PC in the store and spare parts were not a challenge. 

Bosch GTS 10J Table Saw Stand Thailand Delivery.JPG

Buriram Bosch Table Saw Thailand Delivery.JPG

Buriram Portable Wood Table Saw Thailand.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, Morakot said:

I bought a Stanley 10" Table Saw STST1825 made in China.

It was cheap, about 4,500 THB. I've absolutely no complaints: very sturdy and  reliable for DIY projects.

201704031505470M38LU3O6Z4UI_full.jpg

OMG! How is it possible? 11,800 THB atm and it hits the pocket. Isn't it a high-quality copy? Btw I got experience with Dewalt saws(this as example), as a rule, company offers an extended three-year warranty, which puts it ahead of many other portable contractor saws for reliability

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that any expat considering to purchase a table saw go in person to a store that has a variety of power tools. That plastic Stanley table saw is very affordable. The plastic DeWalt is double the money. However the two Bosch table saws sold in Thailand might be a better long term purchase. May I also suggest any potential buyer of a table saw see the selection of cutting blades in stock at a store for the table saw he is considering. A warranty is fairly worthless unless the store you buy the tool from is willing and able to fix ON SITE.  Or if you are willing to pack up the tool and you pay on Flash or Thai Parcel for the shipping directly to the tool repair facility in Bangkok. The "free shipping of a tool for warranty repair" takes weeks, if not months for most Thailand stores. Milwaukee tools are shipped direct from a store to the repair facility by a specific courier service, but the vast majority of tools or pumps being sent "free" are on a slow process to a depot, then the distributor at some convenient date picks up the boxes at the depot and this can take weeks. Same with welders. There is often a queue at the repair facility in Bangkok. Far better, and far faster for the customer, if a store has a repair facility and can order the parts needed for a repair, which can come much faster to the store for repair at the store you bought the tool, pump or welder. If you want to get your nice lawn mower all scratched up by all means let a store ship it to the Bangkok repair facility. Did I mention losing wheels in transport to and from Bangkok.