Can I have a Beer with my meal in a Restaurant come Monday ?

jonwilly

There was an article in the English language newspaper, not the Nation, that said that in Yellow classified provinces which Chiang Mai is, as from Monday, there where no more restrictions on service.

"In yellow zones, crowd activities must not gather more than 200 people. RESTAURANTS, schools, shopping centres and department stores can operate as usual. Sports facilities can open with limited spectators."

I have no comments on this matter by the membership.

john

• Confused 1

The official line seems to be wait until Monday when the new rules are published in the Official Gazette. Press and other comments are inconclusive. I saw one that said "Serving alcohol remains banned in the Dark Red, Red and Orange zones" (Jonathon Fairfield of ThaiVaisa.com (staff?), perhaps implying that rule might be relaxed in the yellow zone. Several other commentators  said that serving alcohol would still be banned in all restaurants. None of such comments that I saw had any official imprimatur about them.

Its the boring ***********s I have to deal with, no practical useful comments, just feeble attempt at some strange form of Umor.

john

PS Once again I think I have to explain my board name.

As a five year old I became John Willy, basic schoolboy humour. That lasted until I joined the army  and I became John until a mate came back to my home town over an Easter holiday, then I was back to John Willy.

That lasted until I first went on the Net and the expert, probably a months experience, advised I could not be John Willy for back in the day when 1 Gig would have been a large hard drive I must cut my name down, so I became JonWilly.

Then some one explained the those strange folk who, Bat for the other team, like to style them selves Jon. 

Explains why every now and then someone looking for a fellow traveller starts getting sending me pointless messages.

john

Rough old world, In'It.

• Confused 1

Not really a big eater, and believe it or not Not much of a drinker, but conversation went, Like

Can you now serve beer ?

Yes OK can, same same,

Yes and I get two poached eggs on toast with bacon, Toast with Jam and a Leo.

Rough old world we live in.

john

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonwilly said:

At my breakfast restaurant, owners wife assures me beer sales OK.

JOHN

718F0914-A2B7-4D7A-9222-D56D48C391F7.jpeg

Drinking Beer at breakfast was banned long ago, unless you eat after 10:59Am

The Governor in each province gets the call, all politics and personal preference. No science involved.

It was unseemly, yes to have aged farangs drinking beer at breakfast but it never caused any problems just bad optics for Puritans within the establishment trying to out prude one another.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:19 AM, jonwilly said:

There was an article in the English language newspaper, not the Nation, that said that in Yellow classified provinces which Chiang Mai is, as from Monday, there where no more restrictions on service.

"In yellow zones, crowd activities must not gather more than 200 people. RESTAURANTS, schools, shopping centres and department stores can operate as usual. Sports facilities can open with limited spectators."

Yes, from the 21st you can have a beer in a Yellow zone restaurant. 

The Bangkok Post's infographic today specifically states that only in Dark Red, Red and Orange zones alcohol cannot be served.  The next column, for Yellow zones, specifically states that "Dine-in is allowed as usual", i.e. no alcohol restrictions are mentioned as in the other three more dangerous zones.   If alcohol was also prohibited in the Yellow zones that would have stated.

Bring a can of Coke with beer in it.

People still dying all over the world 100's here dying and on ventilators about to take their last breathe.

And then those that complain about a beer or swimming.

Probably just me, but all seems so petty and selfish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

YES YOU CAN 

Special News Information of Chiang Mai Province 22 mins. Chiang Mai has eased measures for consumption of food and beverages in restaurants. The Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee announced the epidemic situation in the area, found that the risk factors were still imported from other provinces and issued an order to control the distribution.  Activities include a large number of people and relax measures in some places that allow food and beverages to be consumed in the shop. Alcoholic beverages can be consumed at the shop until 21.00, stressing that personal diseases must be strictly prevented today (  21 June 64) at the Covid-19 Situation Command Center, Chiang Mai Province, Prime Minister Nok Si Wichainan, Permanent Secretary of Chiang Mai Province, together with Dr.  Songyot Khamchai, head of the Communicable Disease Control Group, Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office, jointly announced the situation of the Covid-19 outbreak in April, Chiang Mai Province daily. 

TRANSLATED FROM Facebook page ……. Good drinking

• Like 1