129,000 foreign tourists to visit Phuket by end of September

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, jaiyen said:

And there are no planes flying to Thailand. No way to get to Thailand from Perth even if it was worth going.

Direct flights from Hong Kong all cancelled. And not possible to transit through BKK airport.

Just now, NevNic said:

Direct flights from Hong Kong all cancelled. And not possible to transit through BKK airport.

Even if the flights were suddenly reinstated, it takes 4-5 days to get the COE from the Thai Embassy, and COVID test, and confirmation letter from SHA plus hotel in Phuket, etc., etc.

16 minutes ago, Ned Ludd said:

So you are not aware of the fact that even if you are vaccinated you can contract Covid and even pass it on? Vaccination will just help protect you from being really ill and possibly dying. You can catch it and still pass it on to someone who has not been vaccinated.

The vaccine is highly effective in preventing death from Covid and from passing it on but it is still possible to catch it, pass it on  and even die. That's why the drug companies quote figures of effectiveness. If you have had the Chinese or Russian it is a 50/50 deal.

I am aware of that which is why I said I'm not worried because I'm not going to get sick (die), and everyone I know is also vaccinated so I'm not worried about passing it on to them either. 

We can't stay in our rooms forever. 

• Like 1

A lot are doubting the figures, as far as I'm concerned they must be based on bookings. It is likeley the people wanting to go to Phuket will be those who are looking for a quiet beach holiday, not everyone wants the night life. Now would be the ideal time for them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

They must have ordered a lot of those tagging wristbands.

I'm expecting problems with that.

They will run out of them, the system will fail due to being overloaded with the constant stream of data.

The number of things that could go wrong is massive and I'm sure they will all go wrong, probably at the same time and on a holiday weekend when nobody's working.

27 minutes ago, allyoops said:

A lot are doubting the figures, as far as I'm concerned they must be based on bookings. It is likeley the people wanting to go to Phuket will be those who are looking for a quiet beach holiday, not everyone wants the night life. Now would be the ideal time for them.

You must be not living in Phuket.  Now it is the raining/monsoon season and the sea is rough.  Can't have a quiet beach holiday.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

The prove of the pudding will be in the eating. Hope they have some money left after paying for the air fares, hotels, tests, internet roaming charges etc which very very expensive

Internet roaming!!??

You never heard of wi-fi....????????????

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

They must have ordered a lot of those tagging wristbands.

Not really. The scam is probably that these hotels only get a limited amount of wristband trackers. So when all wristbands that each hotel has been given are taken by early-goers to explore the island,

the rest of the hotel customers can’t leave the hotel premesis.  
Makes totally sense to me if you know the Thai thinking and scamming. 

No way they have invested in buying hundreds of thousands of these wristbands as it would mean a huge investment for the Thai goverment. Neither I think they have any functioning compjutaa-program to run this commie set up.  

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

People are definitely looking at coming to Phuket from our own property listed on the OTA's people viewing is up over the last 30 days where they are from I dont know it doesn't tell me that

Probably only extraterrestrials checking in on deserted areas to explore. 

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The clown who came up with those figures must be an Everly brothers fan....... Dream dream dream.????????????????????

5555 Showing your age on that one buddy 5555 .. But 100% spot on 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Is it possible TAT don't work to the base of 10?

Yeah .. 129,000 is actually 12.9 tourists .. One guy only had one leg from a fishing accident so they rounded him up .. TAT is like that “;0) .. Good laugh though

• Haha 1

People are definitely looking at coming to Phuket from our own property listed on the OTA's people viewing is up over the last 30 days where they are from I dont know it doesn't tell me that

I'm sure they're looking.  But are they booking?  Hopefully they'll do their research on what will be available.  If they don't, there are going to be a lot of arguments when they find how little of the holiday that they expect is open and how much their movements are controlled.   

Unfortunately, judging from the "normal" tourists, some will be very clued in, but some will have done about the same checking as they do to go to their corner shop.   

At least we'll get some fun videos out of this.  ????

Agree, that only expats trying to get home will be putting up with all these restrictions. That said, I am one such expat that is daring to try. I have a hotel booked through a travel agent, that does "all-in." That means COE, insurance, covid test, etc. I may be a fool, but I think it will all work out.  I agree with most here, that very few true "tourists" will be coming. I feel bad that Thailand is killing off their tourist businesses, upon whom so many Thais rely upon upon for jobs.

Good luck to your business. The first flight with Emirates from DXB to HKT is on 2nd July and based only on seat allocation has around 105 passengers. I can identify one passenger (still waiting for the Royal Gazette announcement) but no idea about the rest. The plane is a 777-300 ER

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterdk said:

13 page PDF file on the Thai Embassy in Norways page - how to get COE - and needing a hard copy of Fit to Fly certificate - that they dont provide a description how to obtain ( Google works tho ) Then the matter of all the documents needing to be in Thai or English and only certified translations will work..

The cost - the planning - the hoops - the hasstle and the quarantene upon return to Norway..

You have to be extremely persistent and well funded - and lots of holiday time / retired to be able to go..

I wager few - as in a 2 digit number ( Norwegian based Thailand going tourists ) - will end up going - unless theres major changes..

Are you sure they still require a FIT TO FLY certificate? I believe that requirement was dropped some time ago. My documents were submitted in English at the Thai consulate in Dubai. Last COE received within 1 day but I do understand the content of your post, and have heard how frustrating and time consuming it can be for some.