Paddy rice cleaner?

KeeTua

I have one of those but  not used on rice seeds yet.

It's more of a de-stoner for rice but you can get different size screens if you want to separate weeds.

Also had to modify the eccentric throw bearing by adding a bearing housing as they just had a rod welded straight to the bearing.

If you have time and are fit enough to bucket up a lot of seed they work ok.

• Like 1

If I go to buy one I'll pay attention to how the shaft is connected from the motor. I saw a neighbor's small rice mill and noticed that part looked pretty hokey the way it was connected.

Last year we ended up with two large fertilizer bags filled to the top with weed seeds using a fan to blow the seeds out and still quite a bit of weed seeds left in the rice. In previous years the rice was hand cut so people could cut around the weeds leaving them to be tilled back into the soil, with all the seeds. Hopefully this year the weeds won't be so bad since we removed so many seeds.

• Like 1

That's creative blower arrangement. Is there an elbow on the tubing that directs the flow out the back?
I've checked some of the cleaners that come with a blower system but the price jump from ฿8000 without blower to ฿25,000+ with blower is pretty steep and not worth it for us. Maybe a squirrel cage fan with adjustable air flow could be mounted on the basic machine. Something similar to this:

blower.JPG.dfda2869f084f1a01d09993f1a89f42d.JPG

9 hours ago, KeeTua said:

That's creative blower arrangement. Is there an elbow on the tubing that directs the flow out the back?

It goes down into a tee piece on 2nd screen,ends blocked and small holes drilled across the width of the screen to blow rubbish out the back.

The other thing i wanted to say is i siliconed foam strips along the edges of the screens to stop the seeds racing down the sides.

Your fan should work if you make it easily demountable.

Your right about the price increase with the cyclone but after you've cleaned 5 or 6 ton you would spend the extra as i normally put the same product through 3 times to get a better clean.